Author Topic: Hey, GA ANers! Ya'll Come!  (Read 11019 times)

FAITH40

Re: Hey, GA ANers! Ya'll Come!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2009, 09:43:37 pm »
HEY KIT,

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AND YOUR WIFE!  ;)

YES THATS TRUE THERE IS A FEW OF THEM.... I KNOW WHERE THE ONE IN MARIETTA IS..BUT JUST LET ME KNOW!  SO WHATS IT GONNA BE LADIES???? ;D

TAMMI
2.8 CM AN NASHVILLE,TN. DR. REID THOMPSON AND DR. DAVID HAYNES REMOVED DEC. 4TH- 07 TRANSLAB - 16 1/2 HOUR SURGERY - STRETCHED FACIAL NERVE- FACIAL PARALYSIS (HEALING) 100% HEARING LOSS (AN SIDE)
4 DAY HOSPITAL STAY ! DOING GREAT!

LADavid

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2009, 10:57:06 am »
From what I remember, there's a Pappadeaux on Windy Hill that would be easy to get to from 75.  Also I seem to remember they have outside seating (covered in the winter) that may not be so loud.  I love the food there!  Nothing remotely like that here in LA.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

FAITH40

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2009, 10:01:52 pm »
HEY DAVID!  ;)

YES THAT IS THE ONE IN MARIETTA ... COME ON DOWN AND JOIN US IF YOU LIKE! ;D

WELL WE HAVE TO SETTLE ON A DATE AND TIME STILL!

WAITING,
TAMMI  ;)
2.8 CM AN NASHVILLE,TN. DR. REID THOMPSON AND DR. DAVID HAYNES REMOVED DEC. 4TH- 07 TRANSLAB - 16 1/2 HOUR SURGERY - STRETCHED FACIAL NERVE- FACIAL PARALYSIS (HEALING) 100% HEARING LOSS (AN SIDE)

cindyj

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 10:39:54 am »
Ok, Pappadeaux's in Marietta on Sat, Feb 7th!  How's that?  Let's say 12:30 - hopefully, that will give you out of towners plenty of time to get there, but not get back home too late either.  When we get closer to the date, I'll try to get a final head count and make a reservation for us.  Hopefully, it won' be too loud.  I've only been to a Pappadeaux's once and don't remember it being really loud, but that was pre-SSD days...

Can't wait to meet everyone!  Hope to meet the spouses/significant others as well!  Someone please remind us about cameras.

Phyl, thanks for doing your thread magic!  Aren't you due for a family visit down here?  Would be great!  We'll even change the meeting place to The Awful House just for you - love those hashbrowns!

See you soon!

Cindy

rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

FAITH40

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 07:29:55 pm »
YEAHHHHHHHHH I AM SO EXCITED, AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT!!!!!!!!! ;D

HA HA HA ! LOOKING  FORWARD TO IT !!

TAMMI

NL

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 08:17:56 pm »
Hey Cindy!

I'm just dropping in on your GA thread to say hi and how exciting it is that you're planning a GA get together! Sounds like there are quite a few ANers in your area. Take lots of pics and have a great time!

Glad to see you're doing well!

Nancy

1.6 cm left AN diagnosed Oct. '07
1.9 cm on 2nd MRI, May '08
Retrosigmoid surgery at House Clinic/St. Vincent's on 8/6/08
(no post-op dizziness, nausea, facial or balance issues)
Thankful for a fantastic team of doctors - Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz, & Dr. Michael Stefan

cindyj

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2009, 08:56:03 am »
Hey Nancy!  Thanks for dropping in - hope you're doing well.  Yes, we'll try to take some pictures...surely one of us will remember to bring a camera!

Donnalynn, you just push those dogs and get down here!  May be more mud and red clay than snow, but what nice warm weather you'd have when you got here...blazing hot compared to yours...

You know, parts of South Carolina, Tennessee and Alablama are very close to Atlanta, any of you from there want to come? 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

MKLady

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 01:25:31 pm »
Cindy,

Count me in.  It sounds fun.  I haven't been there but I love seafood.

Tammi,

You crack me up!  You sound so enthusiastic.  I can't wait to meet ya'll.

Susan
Translab 4/10/2008; 1.3 cm; total facial paralysis left side.

Lainie181818

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 04:22:22 pm »
Hi Cindi
I am going to be spending more time in Atlanta, [ about every 2 months ] now that I have a grand baby due. Hopefully next time you meet I will be able to drop in and bring some LA weather with me. I am going to be there this weekend, on my way to DC. Its freezing. Anyway I think its great that you are all meeting up, have fun.
Lainie

LADavid

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 10:42:05 pm »
Hey y'all

I'll be with you in spirit on the 7th.  Have fun!

Dvaid
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

cindyj

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 01:03:33 pm »
Lainie and David, think the LA meet-up is the one I'd really like to be at because of your great weather!  It is SO cold here right now...Lainie, what part of Atlanta?  Hopefully, we can have another lunch or dinner one of the times you're here.

Cheri, I will definitely not forget dessert!  May forget the camera, but I won't miss out on any chocolate opportunity!

Here's the list so far:

Grace and guest
    Tammi and ??
    Connie and husband (AN friend of Grace's - don't think she's ever on the forum?)
    Kit and Kay
    Carol and husband
    Susan
    Cindy and Brad

Maybe, maybe, Lori...hopefully! Any one else? 

Will be in touch again before the 7th!

Cindy
feeling great!

GRACE1

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 09:26:15 am »
Cindy,

My best friend won't be able to come after all due to a family birthday.  I may bring my future sister-in-law.  Please let me know the date you have to have a head-count for reservations.  I will definitely be there.  I can't wait to see all of you.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

cindyj

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2009, 01:50:58 pm »
A reminder about our lunch next Saturday (can you believe Feb is here) at 12:30!  Looks like we'll have a great group.  Think I sent my phone # to everyone, but if I missed anyone, let me know.  Can't wait to meet y'all and to have some great food - thanks for the Pappadeaux's suggestion, Tammi.  Would love to have anyone else that can make it!  Let me know!  I'll be making the reservations by Sun or Mon.

Just fyi, I stopped by the ANA office the other day and briefly discussed getting a support group going again for this area.  Let's be sure to talk about that next week.  Apparently, there used to be a pretty active group here, but it fizzled out - Grace, I think you mentoned you had been to some meetings, right?

Anyway - see you all very soon!

Cindy
feeling great!

GRACE1

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2009, 02:19:43 pm »
I went to 1 meeting - in Aug 2006.  Connie was there.  I believe she had been to previous meetings.  I am not aware that another meeting was held after the one I went to.  It would be great to get it started again.  Can't wait to see everyone.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

Kit W

• Smokies Spring 2008
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 06:45:05 pm »
Hi Cindy,

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the lunch.

Don't forget the camera  ::)   ;D

Kit W
Don't let jealousy get a hold of you. If it does it will ruin the rest of your life.

My mind often wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Do I look like I care!

5cm+ AN removed 9/11/08. Dr Tairq Javed. Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA