Author Topic: Hey, GA ANers! Ya'll Come!  (Read 11020 times)

cindyj

Hey, GA ANers! Ya'll Come!
« on: January 08, 2009, 10:24:11 am »
Hey Tammi!

Ok, let's do!  I'll PM Susan in case she doesn't see this post - I have a very flexible schedule...no schedule at all right now, actually.  So, whatever would work best for you guys will be fine with me.  We'll see if we can get some other N. GA folks as well.

I'm doing quite well, thanks!  How about you?  Know you are very glad to be driving again!  (I still haven't been out on any interestates yet :-\)

Talk with you soon,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

FAITH40

Re: Hey, GA ANers! Ya'll Come!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 10:56:16 am »
CINDY,

HEY, ALL IS WELL HERE!  ;)  I AM GLAD YOU ARE DOING GOOD! I AM READY WHEN YA'LL ARE , JUST LET ME KNOW! YES, COME ONE COME ALL!!  ;D

ACTUALLY, THE INTERSTATE WAS BETTER FOR ME THAN ANYTHING! BUT I WAS SCEPTICAL AT FIRST!

LET ME KNOW DEAR!~

TAMMI ;)
2.8 CM AN NASHVILLE,TN. DR. REID THOMPSON AND DR. DAVID HAYNES REMOVED DEC. 4TH- 07 TRANSLAB - 16 1/2 HOUR SURGERY - STRETCHED FACIAL NERVE- FACIAL PARALYSIS (HEALING) 100% HEARING LOSS (AN SIDE)
4 DAY HOSPITAL STAY ! DOING GREAT!

cindyj

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 09:43:05 am »
Yes, if I can just remember to CHARGE my camera, I'll get pictures!  Can't tell you the number of times we've been getting ready to leave the house for an event (like one of my son's martial arts tournaments) and I didn't have the camera charged!  Of course, no one else thought about it either, but it's Mom's fault ::)

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

GRACE1

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:26:42 am »
I live in central Georiga and would love to meet with the group from Georgia.  I went to the only GA ANA support meeting held since I was diagnosed.  It was held in Atlanta in fall 2006.  I met a lady from Cumming there that I have kept in touch with.  I'm sure she would like to meet ya'll also.  When the meeting is definite, please let us all know.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

FAITH40

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 11:32:07 am »
HI GRACE!  ;)

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU AS WELL! CINDY AND SUSAN, WHAT ABOUT THE FIRST PART OF FEB. ??  DOES THAT WORK FOR US?? I AM OPEN...

TAMMI
2.8 CM AN NASHVILLE,TN. DR. REID THOMPSON AND DR. DAVID HAYNES REMOVED DEC. 4TH- 07 TRANSLAB - 16 1/2 HOUR SURGERY - STRETCHED FACIAL NERVE- FACIAL PARALYSIS (HEALING) 100% HEARING LOSS (AN SIDE)

cindyj

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 01:38:37 pm »
Hey, Grace!  Great - would love to meet you!  I live up in Cumming - any chance the girl you met from here is Julie? 

Faith, early Feb works fine for me.  How about you, Grace?  I PM'd Susan to see what might work for her and to see if she had any meeting place suggestions.  Any thoughts?  We are definitely spread out - makes no difference to me where we meet!  Just look forward to meeting...and eating maybe!

Maybe we should go ahead and start a new thread for this over in the Community section...I'll go do that... ;D

Cindy
feeling great!

GRACE1

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 01:48:01 pm »
Hey, Cindy!!

I live in Sandersville, which is halfway between Macon & Augusta.  Anytime and anywhere will be fine for me - I am flexible.  I really look forward to meeting everyone.

The lady I met from Cumming is Connie.  She is so nice.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.

cindyj

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 01:51:55 pm »
Hi All,

We are trying to get a Greater Atlanta/Georgia AN group together!  We're shooting for Sat, Feb 7th, lunchish time - a Saturday gives us at least some hope of avoiding a huge traffic mess.  Don't have a place picked out yet, but we're working on it...

In the meantime, if you'd like to join us and/or know anyone else who might like to join us, please chime in!  Can't wait to meet you all!

Cindy
feeling great!

LADavid

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 02:48:58 pm »
Wow.  What a great group of people!  That sounds like great fun.  In case you're looking for more members, there was a guy from Woodstock who had just discovered he had an AN.  His SN is Joeyg.

Y'all have fun.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 03:16:00 pm »
well, I've tried to merge and purge the topic from 'Post Treatment" forum and the thread in AN Community started by our own cindyj.  Cindy, I think your original post got shoved down to the bottom, but I wanted to make sure it was all combined... so you can have a great get-together.

BTW, do I have to fly in for this one? :)  cindy, Brucifer? :)

xo
Phyl

*runs off to work the merge/purge button bestowed to a priviledged few* :D
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

FAITH40

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 04:06:32 pm »
HEY CINDY,

FEB. 7TH SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! ;) JUST A SUGGESTION.... HOW ABOUT Pappadeaux' s  Seafood  IN ATLANTA?

I LOVE THAT PLACE! IF NOT THATS OK I'LL STAY IN ATLANTA FOR DINNER!! ;D

TAMMI

GRACE1

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 04:18:28 pm »
Seafood sounds great to me.  I'm glad we're meeting for lunch.

Grace

Kaybo

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 06:13:17 pm »
Obviously, I won't be there and you can go wherever you want, but Pappadeaux's is REALLY loud, isn't it?  We thought about that for the Houston get together and ruled it out b/c of the noise - which was REALLY hard b/c I LOVE their food and we don't have one here!  If you DO go there you'll have to let me know how it works out - we could go there next time in Houston!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kit W

• Smokies Spring 2008
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 06:33:44 pm »
Cindy,

I just logged in and see you and a few seem to starting a meeting group in the Atlanta area.

As I live just west of Atlanta in Dallas I'd like to come along if I may and can we bring along our partners/wives.

Saturday 7th February sounds good to me. I'm not a great fan of fish but do have some now and again.

I do think this is a brilliant idea.

Kit W

Don't let jealousy get a hold of you. If it does it will ruin the rest of your life.

My mind often wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Do I look like I care!

5cm+ AN removed 9/11/08. Dr Tairq Javed. Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA

Kit W

• Smokies Spring 2008
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2009, 06:44:18 pm »
Pappadeaux' s  Seafood  IN ATLANTA?   I understand there are three in the Atlanta area so which one is the lunch going to take place.

Alpharetta, Norcross and Marietta are the locations. Unless someone knows differently of course.  ;D

Kit W
Don't let jealousy get a hold of you. If it does it will ruin the rest of your life.

My mind often wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!
Do I look like I care!

5cm+ AN removed 9/11/08. Dr Tairq Javed. Kennestone Hospital, Marietta, GA