Author Topic: What are AN people doing for a joyous Christmas Eve and Day?  (Read 14204 times)

Palace

• Palace
Re: What are AN people doing for a joyous Christmas Eve and Day?
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2006, 07:44:43 am »
 :D  WELCOME:

What is nice about this "thread" is, it includes everyone.....no matter the celebration or belief!  (Christmas or whatever)  EVERYONE BELONGS HERE that is an AN person!

And what are the rest of the AN gang (persons) doing next weekend?   :-*

Pal

22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006, 10:06:38 am »
I love this thread! :)

Tomorrow morning, I fly to England to spend the holiday with my cheeky bloke and my new in-laws. I am apprehensive on how I will do on the long-haul flights but my dr's have re-assured me (as well as marystro :-*) that I should be fine.  I fly back on the 26th, but know this.... I will have my laptop with me and checking up on you all to make sure your holidays are going great!  Sounds like you all have some great plans laid out and tickled to know that each and everyone of you are going to be with me in thought and wishes during this season.

Happy holidays to you all... and to each and every single one of you..... May the new year be filled with love, joy, GOOD HEALTH and prosperity.

You all rawk.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 12:51:31 pm »
Lorenzo, please have some jamon and chorizo for me.  We can't bring it in to the US from Spain, and the stuff here just isn't the same.  I sure do miss the good stuff, although found some decent chorizo last summer in Brussels.  We have quasi-family in Barcelona and Castellon. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006, 02:37:06 pm »
Our Christmas eve/morning will be spent at home with my wife, adult son (he lives with us) and a female friend of the family (originally from Scotland) who is disabled (spinal bifida) and confined to a motorized wheelchair.  She's a member of our church living a long way from her home and we consider her part of our family.  We'll all just watch TV, chat, eat holiday food, drink eggnog and such on Christmas eve.  We'll probably all sleep a little late on Christamas morning, eat delicious pancakes made by my wife and, of course, exchange and open our respective gifts.  We intend to drive our friend home by noon and join other friends living across town for a Christmas feast/party later in the day.  We hope to arrive back home at a reasonable hour and just zone out for the remainder of evening.  Another Christmas now past.  I'll be glad I got to see it.

Jim[/color]
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2006, 04:15:35 pm »
Matti,
 me too, prime Rib for Christmas dinner has been our tradition since I got married (18yrs) It's so easy and SOOOO Good. Although I love lamb, and gennysmom's dinner sounds really good. maybe I'll go over there. my hubby doesn't like lanb so I never fix it.  But to go with the Prime Rib, I make a killer mashed potatoe caserole, that has a gazillion, very fatening ingredients.  yummy
Were having a very quiet Christmas this year. Just me, my hubby, my 2 daughters, and the 24 peice symphony inside my head. probably the last Santa Christmas for my oldest, she's really trying hard to believe.  No realitives this year.  ;)

Patti UT.
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2006, 07:38:09 pm »
Dr Love and I will go to Charlotte for a nice quiet Christmas with Thing 1 (age 3) and Thing 2 (age 15 months) and their Ma and Pa. Nice quiet Christmas. Yeah Right! 2 little boys ripping paper offa everything and screaming with delight. Also they are barely moved into their lovely new home that Dr Love has spent the past 6 months helping them remodel every weekend. We bought Thing 2 a giant cuddly teaddy bear that Dr Love and I have been playing with for hours already. It may be worn out by the time the little tyke even gets it!
Don't know what's for dinner yet--probably steaks on the grill--I like the cubed roasted potatoes with rosemary idea--my rosemary plant is out in the greenhouse for the winter and needs to be pruned!
I may do a leg of lamb, too--haven't done that for a while. Cooking in someone elses kitchen who is barely unpacked may be too much for me, though.

Send earplugs and Valium. Please!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2006, 07:45:17 pm »
Well, well, well.....

Captn' Deb! So nice to see you on the bridge again ........Or is it the "galley" for this week? I'm off on a raiding party down the coast first week of January......Cya on the Bimini Road!   ;D

DeBall........
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 01:38:59 am »
Wow, everyone's holiday sounds so wonderful.  We go over to my husband's brother's house this Christmas Eve. Not a big family and no little kids, so not particulary festive.  If I can get them to turn off the stupid TV and play a game, it will be a Christmas Miracle!!  Party platter of cold cuts, salads, desert, just simple stuff.  Christmas day we go over to our son's house. Another small gathering.  I bought Perseco Italian sparkling wine and going to mix that with some fruit juice.  It'll be fun. Wish I was having some of that lamb or the prime rib.  Sounds wonderful. 

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 09:36:21 am »
 8)

I forgot to mention that we open presents (and yes, the dogs opening theirs) under the tree lights, many scented candles all over the house and by the fireplace.  (after coming home from the fancy supper out, all dressed up; oh huh, well I have to admit we change into a comfortable festive lounger outfit for the small, "after dinner drink" and the party at home.   :D

We still declined on going over the hill on Christmas day to have Indian food with friends.  That would be our friends and he is a master chief but, goes to good restaurants that he approves of and knows that the kitchen is really clean.  The weather looks bad for that day and we will be tired from the day before, so we declined on the offer.  (for those interested, my hubby is part French, Indian and German)  Remember me the Pollock????    ???  (what a combo)

Yesterday, I had a better day with the symptoms.  I'm hoping Christmas Eve that my symptoms aren't acting up.  (and I wish for others that they feel much better when confronted with the stress of the holiday season and being, "on" for relatives or whomever)

There won't be many presents here with those medical bills but, THAT ISN'T WHAT CHRISTMAS IS.  Christmas is.......THIS FORUM AND THE SUPPORT WITH LOVE!  It is here for everyone to read if the power doesn't go out with the storms.

What are the rest of you people doing this coming weekend?

Love and hugs to all,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Louzilla

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 11:13:41 am »
I'll be making dinner for our whole family in Reno.  That's about 15 people.  Italian pork roast, garlic mash potato's, sautéed green beans and lots of wine and goodies!  My daughter is 8, and she still believes in Santa.  It's pretty magical at our house.
Have a great holiday,
Lou 
Middle Fossa - 4mm x 8mm A.N. left side.
Dr. Jackler - Stanford Med. Center 12/06/06

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 12:17:46 pm »
Palace, I'm so glad to see that you're feeling better!

I've only been up for a few hours and I need to lay down and shut my eyes again.

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Windsong

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2006, 01:45:04 pm »
palace, I love all the pomp and pageantry at the church which is very old and high on a hill, an anglican one, and i tend to stay seated if i have to lol.. ;D

since i wrote my previous i got a call saying so when am i picking you up to bring you up here from a family memmer so my plans are currently changed... was feeling mopey about a new diagnosis yesterday and genrally bf'd (fatigue) enough that i capitulated and said ok christmas eve day.... so now i will be watching my bro-in-law cook the turkey while two members go down to the big city for their church service, then they come back and we eat the turkey dinner!! and all that goes with it... tree, chat, presents....only think i have to do is be a duck with feathers that shed water type thing as one family member always gets to me.... Christmas day will be another dinner at a nieces up there, and boxing day i get driven back.... lots of noise i am sure...

dinner still on early with son

and when back home a follow up mri for me, then new years with some family members...(restaurant i hope with gourmet food)

i will definitely miss my church service as it's very uplifting...

palace your plans sound sooooo relaxing and cozy... must be nice in the mountains!!

if the noise gets to be too much for me i will go hide in the guest bedroom with a book rofl...

I need a change of scene for sure! its been a long year! :D  i need the equiavalent of a vit shot!!

W.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2006, 02:57:42 am »
Sending holiday wishes to you all from merry old England!  Here's hoping you are all feeling well. Jetlagged, eating too much food and off and running.... too much to see and do in a short timeframe.

Fogged in and JoeF arrives timely. International/inbound from the States are slightly delayed by arriving.. the outbound flights are cancelled... let's see if I get stuck here with Cheeky bloke.

Happy holidays all!

xxoo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

kerri lyn angel

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2006, 10:48:05 am »
im not sure what i'm doing for christmas. it will be strangely quiet...just mister angel and me. the kids all came for thanksgiving and this will be the first christmas in our new home without them. sooo... i guess i'll do as my nana always says and "play it by ear" ( my one good one that is). i am hoping for a sprinkling of snow though. :)
large an removed june 1, 2005 14.5 hour trans lab surgery permenantly disabled but breathing

vjharris

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2006, 11:03:34 am »
I am looking forward to our "unofficial tradition" (even though the youngest of us is now 16). Last presents opened on Christmas morning are "nerf" guns for everyone...and we go tearing through the house shooting and giggling.
I guess a therapst would say we might have some latent hostilities or something, but it sure is fun to see the old and young among us having such a good time.
Happy holidays to all!
Vicki
2.2x2.37 right side meningioma or acoustic neuroma
Gamma Knife Dec 5, 2006