Author Topic: Scared and confused  (Read 10594 times)

cathyroe

Re: Scared and confused
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 11:13:17 am »
HI Again... just want to throw in a word about the MRI with and without contrast.
I just had my third (in one year) a few days ago. I had them all with and without contrast. I think it is important that we do that.

Here is how it went for me, it is all done in one session.
They do about 30 minutes of "picture taking" in the tube without the contrast. Then they slid me of the tube for a minute, and gave me some contrast in the IV they set up in my arm. They put in the IV when I came in, right after I put on the gown. (it doesn't hurt at all) Then they slid me back in the tube and took about 10 more minutes worth of pictures.

There is really nothing to the MRI. They gave me ear plugs (it makes a lot of racket!) and eye shades and a nice warm blanket and I just took a nap. Just think .... for 40 minutes no one can call you or text you and you have 40 whole minutes to yourself to REST and take a little cat nap. I pretend the noise and racket is the engine to the cruise ship I am on, and just imagine I am out as sea relaxing as the cruise ship chugs along.
When the tube shook a little, I visualized that I was in one of those massage chairs outside of the Sharper Image store at the mall, and was just getting a massage in the massage chair.

Good luck, try to relax and don't worry. We are ALL going to be okay. ( I say that to myself all day long ).
Cathy

11/02/12  Diagnosed with AN  11mm X 5mm
05/29/13  MRI reports no change, stable
11/20/13  MRI reports 13mm X 7mm X5mm
5/20/14 MRI reports 14mm x 8 mm x 6 mm
7/29/14 GK at UPMC Lunsford. Now a Postie Toastie
1/14/15 Six Month MRI growth. 16mm X 8 mm
11/09/15  16 mm X 9 mm
9/15/16   17 mm x 11 mm x 8

Peewee2

Re: Scared and confused
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 12:07:13 pm »
Thank you all for taking time out of your day to reply.  It is comforting to know that it is charged as one bill.  Never in my life have I had to deal with any significant medical problem, or how it relates to billing.  I tried several times to contact the insurance, I get a recording that another group has taken over and am kept on hold for long periods of time.   My patience had worn thin by then.  I appreciate all your responses and am working on not worrying so much.  I wish you all a wonderful day and God bless you.