Author Topic: Another new awaiting MRI results....  (Read 16799 times)

suboo73

Re: Another new awaiting MRI results....
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 04:09:36 am »
Jaylogs,

Thank you for the update!  WHEW, it WAS a typo!  ::)

Keep us posted on your AN journey.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 05:30:52 am »
I had read a post about a Dr. Brackman in Los Angeles who was supposed to be really good.  So I saw TWO Brackman's in there, and I clicked on the one I thought was the the previously mentioned doctor. Well, it wasn't, but it just happened to be a doctor right here where I live, in Phoenix AZ. Further research found that he works at the Barrow Neurological Institute, which I am finding out is top rated for all things head related. 

Jay,

There are two Brackmann's ?!?  :o  Nah the other one is spelled differently... "Brachman" ;)

The LA Dr. Brackmann is one of a kind. :)  8)

(Hey but you did send me to the physician's directory on the ANA site to look  ;) :D )

Know that now that it is established that you have a small AN tumor... also know that you have many options for treatment. I implore you to explore those options. Typically these tumors do not grow fast ... but there have been some cases that are the exception to that rule. That it is why it is important to have subsequent MRI's.

We have a wonderful gentleman in our ANA support group in Oregon who is age 80. He has been in wait and watch for years nows. The guy still ballroom dances regularly. He has a great sense of humor and always keeps us light hearted at meetings. For privacy I will not mention his name- but the folks that came to the PDX meeting know who he is.

I am so glad that was typo and you are a millimeter-kind-of-guy... ;) ;D

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 07:01:59 am »
I am so glad that was typo and you are a millimeter-kind-of-guy... ;) ;D
DHM

Jay -

like numerous others, I'm very relieved that your AN is 8 mm not 8 cm - makes all the difference in the world.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

imnocleaver

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 09:05:01 pm »
Thanks again everyone for your wonderful responses, except for you Imnocleaver...but you may have hit the nail on the head with that Slacker comment, but promise me you won't spread it any further than here, ok? LOL  ;D
Regards, Jay

What?  Me?  Just spreadin' the newbie love, man!  ;D
Okay, okay...let me rephrase:  Your neuroma is a complete slacker.   How 'bout that?
5mm left IAC AN dx 7/13/09
January 2010 MRI showed no measurable growth
W&W!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 01:47:05 pm »
Greetings all, can I tell you all just how much I hate waiting around? I got my first consult with a doc this Thursday (10/1) and then another two weeks from that date.  I am going to send my MRI CD and reports to the HEI and have them take a gander at it all...but in the meantime, as I read up about this thing I keep wondering what I will go with...radiation or surgery?  I am sure all of you guys who have been in the position can relate.  My wife says I might be over-analyzing this whole thing, reading too much until I found out what my options are. She may be right, but at least I'll be one highly informed individual when I finally go to these appointments.  Hope all of you out there are doing well, and for those who are waiting for whatever it is, be patient! I'll try to be as well! :)  Take care!  Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2009, 03:05:03 pm »
Jay ......

Just catching up with this thread ...... whew!  you've been through the "mill"-imeters on this!  I, as well, looked at your first post and wondered how in the world they let you leave a medical facility and were posting.  Just goes to show, even radiologists and/or transcriptionists can make mistakes.

Maybe this confusion is actually helpful, in that you feel a sense of relief that it is not a huge AN.  Now you can take your time exploring your options and finding the best medical person you can to follow this relatively rare condition we all have in common.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 10:26:43 pm »
Well, I saw my first doctor today His recommendation is to go with surgery, translab approach. He said that with my hearing as bad as it is, trying to save it wouldn't be a viable thing to do.  The interesting part is he interned under HEI so he knows Dr. Brackmann very well.  I already sent my stuff to them but he's gonna follow up with a phone call to Dr. Brackmann letting him know that my stuff is there.  So now I wait for my next appointment in two weeks for my second doctor, over at Barrows Neurological Institute.  I asked this 1st one how many cases he's had each year, and he's been through about 15 to 20. he's not a young guy so he's been around a while.  Anyways...I kinda had higher hopes of saving the hearing and not going with a translab approach, even though it would be better for the facial nerves.  I'll let you all know when I hear from HEI...take care and have a great weekend!  Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

LisaP

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2009, 05:23:18 am »
Hi Jay,

Glad to hear that the size has been cleared up.  It sounds like it around the same size as mine 12 x 7 x 7 mm.  It is considered small, (let's see what my next MRI states on Oct 21st).    I do understand what your wife is saying about over reading.  When I become overwhelmed I stop doing "readings" for a couple of days to get my head back on straight. :P.  This whole event can be a great challenge to both the mind, body and spirit.  Just hang in there.

LisaP
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W