Author Topic: Just for fun  (Read 12733 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Just for fun
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2008, 11:37:20 am »
Well, so far, my favorite name is "Pooter Ducky" -  I can't figure out why he left off the "Ducky" just for us though :D

Jim -

for some reason I always seem to refer to you as "Jim Scott" - just naturally goes together.  I think if I said "Jim" that people would be puzzled.  BTW, I was fairly sure the picture was you, and despite the fact that you think it's not that flattering, I really like being able to put a face with a name since most of us have never met in person.  Funny comment by your wife; she's right it's not like we're all on match.com  :D

Arushi -

very interesting story.  I always wondered how you came up with Arushi; now I know  :)

Lorenzo -

it is good to see you again; stick around.

And, Lori ????  Lori, who ????

Signed,

The Leper

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2008, 03:10:51 pm »
Yeah, I knew a lot of radio- TV people use other names.  That's why they always have "nice" names.  You'll probably have to look hard to find a radio jock saying "Hey, and welcome to the Otto Von Shimmelhopperfeld Show!"  No Wischnofskes, Wessbechers, Wemhoenoers, or Zumwalts (all names of people I know). Nothing too hard to say, hard to pronounce, hard to spell.  One of my son's friends is a TV reporter.  Her on air name is Carla Castano.  Castano is Italian for Brown.  She's half Italian and her married name is Brown.  Sorry, Carla....I'm giving away your secrets.   ;) 

Glad I gave you a good idea Lorenzo!  I thought if I were only a cartoonist, that would make a good cartoon.  Unless, of course, that's where I saw the idea in the first place and have forgotten. That's always a possibility.

I wonder what Brad and Jolie will be naming the twins.  Always interesting to see what the Hollywood crowd will come up with!   

Just Sue
Vancouver, WA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

lori67

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2008, 06:47:49 pm »
Just Sue -

Those names you mentioned sound like something out of Dr. Seuss!   :D  Which is probably what the names of Brad and Angelina's twins will sound like too!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2008, 07:29:04 pm »
I've got a headache just trying to follow everyones name, real or made up or whatever!

Laz

p.s actually, my real name is Laurence but I got called Larry very early on but prefer Laz - is easier.

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

LADavid

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2008, 09:43:43 pm »
OK OK, while we're talking about things in retrospect I should have used my college nickname -- Kaptainbeyond.  Use your imagination.  Interestingly enough, Kaptainbeyond went on to be a Fortune 500 marketing exec.  And by the way Jim, I spent time at the turntables working for an "underground" radio station in 1969 in the days when FM radio was either classical or experimental.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2008, 09:57:20 pm »
David -

I kind of like Kaptainbeyond - sounds intriguing and mysterious  ;)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2008, 11:27:30 am »
I could have sworn I posted on this thread

I wanted to rant sand rave about something on a public board and tried out several names that made
since but turned out to be taken so punched in soundoff as a an identity and it wasn't taken ... later
people shortened it to Soundy ... some say cause I am fairly sound of mind... they could leave of fairly
and I would feel better about that bit...

I was born Brenda but was called ****y which I shortened to Boo most of my life and still called that by
most  friends and my dad and siblings ... in 4th grade picked up the nick name Brandy from the Looking Glass
song of that name and have not been able to shake that either... not sure why I even have a real name ... and
for some reason that is beyond me I am called Brenda Lou ... middle name is Loraine ... How do you get Lou out of
Loraine ...

I have just settle on Soundy for computer use as it is easier to remember one ID... I use it here ,on the lupus board
I belong to and a couple private message boards that me and some friends have established

Brenda ~ Boo~ Brandy

What's the old saying ... it makes no difference what you call me ,just don't call me late for dinner
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2008, 11:34:31 am »
Just Sue -

Those names you mentioned sound like something out of Dr. Seuss!   :D  Which is probably what the names of Brad and Angelina's twins will sound like too!

Lori

Sounds like a law office in Germany!  How'd you like to have to say that every time you answered the phone, "Law Offices of.....(i]W,W,W, and Z[/i]), how may I direct your call?" Wow, that'd be a tongue twister.

And I said, Brad and Jolie's, didn't I.  Gads.  I used her last name for her first name.  Nothing wrong with me! No sir. 

Sue in Vancouver 
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Boppie

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2008, 01:46:38 pm »
Boppie is the name my twin Grandsons used very early.  They already had Grandma, and Grannie in their vocabulary and we decided the name Boppie (which is a type of pillow for babies) was easy.  They could say Bop very early and soon started referring to me as Boppie.  The teachers at school and adult friends know me as Boppie, the twins' Grandma.  I just don't have another first name as far as the boys know.

Some posters read my name as Boopie,   :D  Now there's another silly name.

OMG16

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2008, 05:55:15 pm »
I knew this would be fun.  Sorry I started the post and then was missing in action again.  My Aunt came into town and so I've been visiting with her.

My goodness I've missed so much.  So Jim is a secret agent and his wife does not want him dating.  Lori does not know who she is but I do know how old she really is.  Jan is a Leper who has leap year twins.  Kay's back in college.  David is an action figure.  Arushi is spiritual, I like that.  Soundy has to many names to remember for those of us with memory loss.  Larry is Laz, now I get that one.  Yardtick is a term of endearment.  Sue is just Sue but is thinking of working at a law office that includes friends and starting a website about being dead.  Lorenzo is Lorenzo and is going to have a dot com on his tombstone.  Phyl is a pearl for real.  Desilu is I Love Lucy.  Steve is pretending to be Phyl and confusing me.  Brendalu is Brenda who likes hot air balloons and as we all are aware is full of it.  Cheryl wishes she had chosen a different name, our newest mossmama is hot stuff, don't you all agree.  Rob wishes he was What the second.  Debbi I completely understand why you chose Debbi.  Jerseygirl you know how much I love you and no explanation is needed.  Cindyj is indeed Cindy J. Thom has onceagain had a recurrence of his tumor, good one by the way.  Pooter is a Duck and I think I'm going to keep my version of his screen name or we will get no where on the PBW.  Glenda is a lovely name and she to is questioning Jim.  Chocolatetruffle, well enough said.  Dan is Daniel and is in Germany. Last but not least Boppie is a baby pillow which all of us mothers should know what it is used for.  Now please do correct me if I am wrong.

We need more people to post their descriptions of their screen names.  I am very intrigued to hear more so let the party continue.

Oh and Brenda we had a lovely time thank you for asking.  16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2008, 08:19:11 pm »
Wow, 16 -

you summed things up very well.  Excellent recap  :D

Jan aka Leper

OMG16

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2008, 09:29:51 pm »
You know me I am just here to help.   ;D 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2008, 11:35:15 am »
Yeah, nice recap.  I left that part of how I got my name out on purpose.  Suffice it say that Brendalu isn't the only hot air in them.  ;)

Pooter...
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Kaybo

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2008, 03:01:15 pm »
16~
Great recap!!

Boppie~
I wondered about that name - if that was what it was for - I LOVED my Boppie - my mom even had one for when I came to visit  her so I wouldn't have to bring it on the plane!
This is off the subject but I just had to tell everyone what we (& EVERYONE I know) call my Grandma.  Everyone seems to think it is a unique name...ready?  Hi-De-Do...yep, that's Hi-De-Do!!  She used to sing a little song to my brother (he named her) every time she would see him that said Hidee-Do, how are you?  That was his 1st word & it stuck!!  I love my Hi-De-Do and we are forunate that she is still with us.  We celebrated her 88th birthday a couple of weeks ago...she really is not in the best health, but I am glad to have had her in my life for 38 years.  I know a lot of people can't say that!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

oHIo

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2008, 08:43:01 pm »
I never in a million years would have thought that "Jim Scott" wasn't actually Jim Scott's name.  Next you'll be telling me that sgerrard isn't Steve's real name either  :o
Jan (the leper) 

Yes Jan, it is true.  Steve's real name is hatmaker.