Author Topic: Just for fun  (Read 12733 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Just for fun
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2008, 11:11:01 pm »
Did you know that you can change your display name? It does not have to be the same as your logon name.

Cool  8)  But also somewhat confusing.

What did you say your name was again  :D

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2008, 11:18:23 pm »
But also somewhat confusing.

I know. I thought about that afterwards, and realized it could be very confusing.

What if we all changed our display name to Phyl?  :D

I should probably change it back tomorrow, and pretend it never happened.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2008, 11:22:39 pm »
Changing all our names to Phyl would be interesting.  We'd have 3,112 moderators   :P
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

sgerrard

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2008, 11:28:06 pm »
We'd have 3,112 moderators   :P

Okay, I'm convinced. I have changed it back. Nevermind.  :-[

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2008, 11:34:26 pm »
Hey, don't let me be the deciding factor.  Others might really like your name change.

Being a moderator, you can basically do whatever you want.  Or, so I'm told  ;)

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2008, 12:28:21 am »
Hello all,

I wasn't very creative either my real name is Daniel, and when I was younger people used to call me Danny, but you probably could have guessed that.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2008, 01:12:07 am »
I guess I should have used SC162, because that was my ID when I worked at Penneys and wrote that out a hundred times a day, it seemed.  That's my initials and the 162 that they gave me.  I thought I'd put that on my tombstone one day," Here Lies SC162. Visit my Website at www.yesi'mdead.com"  I really believe somebody will put a .com reference on a tombstone one day.   

Yes, I know.  Strange sense of humor sometimes!   ;D

Sue in Vancouver  (I added that because there were other Sue's on here at one time)

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Lorenzo

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2008, 05:07:42 am »
excellent idea, a website on a stone! Brilliant!!  I think I will put mine up when the time comes, mylump(dot)org. I could design the whole thing, type and all. Must think about this. Thanks Sue, my next project!  lol 

Oh, forgot, I want to be cremated. sigh. Ok, back to the drawing board.

Lorenzo de Medici
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008, 05:11:39 am »
Lorenzo.............you can be cremated and still have a stone!  You could also have a virtual resting place.  Memory.com has that!  Me,    I want to be scattered from a hot air balloon.
Where have you been?  I have missed you greatly!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Lorenzo

« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008, 05:20:34 am »
True, urn could be deposited somewhere and a stone added to it I guess. I could design the urn instead!  :)  But, I think I want to be scattered on some snow capped mountain back in Switzerland, somewhere high where the snow ends up in a glacier so I can't be washed down the mountain in one season. Those are my wishes!  LOL

Been around, and very busy and sort of very tired from doing too much. But I should be back now! Missed being here.  :)

Ciao Brenda

Lorenzaccio (he was a painter, I think)
doing great now.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2008, 06:06:59 am »
My name was given to me one month prior to surgery after completing my certification to teach yoga.  Every student was given a "spiritual" name by our teacher from India.  The closest definition of "Arushi" means first ray of light.  There were three other names he gave me to choose from and left it up to me.  I chose based on the positive tone, also it represented an "awakening" for me from surgery!  So there you have it and I too am glad to know you are still with us Lorenzo! 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Lorenzo

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2008, 06:14:33 am »
I was always wondering what Arushi meant. :)  Good to be here, nice to see such welcome back!

Ciao, Lori (the other one)
doing great now.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2008, 08:50:16 am »

I never in a million years would have thought that "Jim Scott" wasn't actually Jim Scott's name.  Next you'll be telling me that sgerrard isn't Steve's real name either  :o

Hey, Jan:

I'm not in the witness protection program...honest!   ;D

I know you're just teasing but by way of explanation, that is 'the real me' in my avatar photo.  My wife snapped the photo (a few months ago) because I didn't have anything recent.  Not especially flattering but then, as she pointedly reminded me, I'm not looking for a date, either.  :)

Many writers, actors, circus clowns and other performers - even retired radio disc jockeys - use 'professional' names  Not only do they want a name easy for people to remember but using a 'professional' name offers a modicum of privacy, something almost crucial when using the internet.  Ironically, my 'professional name' is fairly close to the name on my birth certificate.   Besides, everybody calls me Jim.  You can too, 'leper'.  :)

Jim

« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 01:59:17 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lori67

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2008, 10:08:05 am »
Wait.  I forgot my name....

WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE???  I'm very confused.  Jim isn't Jim, Steve is Phyl, Jan is a leper... come to find out that chocolate is the first food group - when all this time I thought is was the ONLY food group...and I think Lorenzo is pretending to be me....

???
Lori...I think....
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2008, 11:19:22 am »
No, no, no Lori,

Lorenzo is..... Il Magnifico ;) :-*

Bella
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games