Author Topic: Just for fun  (Read 12735 times)

OMG16

Just for fun
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:17:59 am »
I thought it would be fun to find out how everyone came up with their screen names.  I'll go first to break the ice.  OMG16 was the only thing I remember saying when I found out my son had a massive stroke.  "OMG he is only 16"  I'm thinking I need to change it to reflect where I am now however I'm not sure what to change it to.  Do all of you have any ideas?  ??? 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Just for fun
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:26:22 am »
Well 16, that's an interesting story. Sad, but interesting.  I, however, am not very clever, so my screen name is my name!  I figure I can remember that!   With so many screen names and passwords for so many different sites, I forget what I've used.  I had to write them all down. 

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

OMG16

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 01:42:46 am »
Sue I hear you on the to many passwords screen names ect.  I bought a book for all of the different ones.  Since I am at home alot with my wonderful Baby Pumpkin I shop on line alot and they all require your memory to be in working order.  Don't change your email or you need to come up with new passwords and I am not creative at all.  I use the same ones for everything.  Anywho you can order the book from current magazine for like $10 and it has saved me more than once with my online banking acct.  The bank insists on making you change your password every 4 months.  ARRRGGGG.
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 05:46:00 am »
16!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :-* 

*runs over to 16 and gives her MASSIVE forehead smoochies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*  :-*  :-*  :-*

Oh, I'm suppose to answer a question... got it.  Ok, my screen nic.... um.... because I'm semi-precious?/birthday :)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Desilu

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 06:05:53 am »
Hi 16,

I chose my screen name because I am a big "I Love Lucy" fan. Desilu is the name of their production company Desi for Desi and Lu for Lucy. Thanks for asking! Ann  p.s. and as Paul Harvey would say " And now you know the rest of the story".
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 06:27:46 am »
Obviously my name is Kay but in college someone started calling me Kaybo - partically b/c it just had a good ring to it and mainly b/c I wore BIG BOWS in my hair all the time.  If you look at the pictures on the blog - the girlies are carrying on the tradition (not Addi anymore unless we are at Disneyland so I can find her! The style now is a ribbon in a ponytail so she has been doing that-I am so happy!).  One time when Addi was VERY small she asked why she had to wear bows and I guess I made an off the cuff remark that everyone "might think she was a boy" if she didn't.  Well, it stuck and I never corrected her and now the other ones think that.  I let them if it will keep them in bows longer!  However, I don't think that they will be mistaken for boys anytime soon w/ their long, curly, blond hair!!  I still love it when I answer the phone & somebody yells, "KAYBO!"  :D  Not very original..oh well!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Cheryl R

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 06:50:24 am »
I wish I had went ahead and used what my name is for some email use and that is mossmama. I have had a great love of the artist P Buckley Moss.    Some of you may know who she is.    I have been to every Iowa convention there has been since 1993.                There was one 2 weeks before my surgery and it was near Iowa City so I did my pre op workup the day before.     I am from SE Iowa originally so went and stayed at my sisiters.         The convention was the next 2 days.           It really helped keep me going with surgery coming up.
  Kaybo,   my middle name is Kay and my littlest granddaughter is Kayla so it is a good name.
                                                   Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 07:09:01 am »
  My screen name is obvious enough to need no explaination.  But since we're talking about screen names on the site, I wanted to mention my favorite, that I wish I had thought of.  It was WHAT?   What? posted only few times, but they obviously had a sense of humor and understood about having an AN.
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 07:19:53 am »
My screen name basically came about from a lack of imagination - remember folks, I'm an accountant  ;D

I have twins that were born in Leap Year.  I created this user ID a long time ago because every time I had to create a user ID in other places all the combinations of my first & last name seemed to be taken.  Finally I just gave up and went with this since it's somewhat unique and I find that it's not already taken by someone else.   Leapyrtwins is also my user name in other places - like eBay.

Come to think of it, I should have made myself LeapDayTwins because my kids were actually born on 2/29.  Oops!  Too late now  ::)

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 07:30:23 am »
Well, I cllearly showed a colossal lack of imagination and used ... my own name!  Hey, it's just easier!

;D

Debbi - and I'm sticking with it!
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Kaybo

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 07:40:12 am »
Jan!
I have to admit that when I first saw it and then when Dave was reading to me. I thought that it was "lepor" like leprosy!!!
LOL!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 07:58:03 am »
Funny, K  :D

I've noticed some refer to me as "leapy" but "lepor" is a new one LOL

I really like the name "What?" - sums things up quite nicely  ;)  I wish I would have thought of it.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 09:33:22 am »
In the beautiful days of young love.....27yrs ago when I was dating my husband he called me his little yardtick.  It's a term of endearment.  Somedays I need to be reminded of my youthful days ;D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Lorenzo

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 09:45:43 am »
...and I thought my name was weird enough as is. No need to embellish it. 'mylump' is one i used to use for my blog.
Ciao, Lo, Lori, Enzo, Il Magnifico, and a few others...  :)
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 09:50:41 am »
My screen name is the same name I employed during my broadcasting career.  It's my not my 'legal' name (the one I sign on checks, for instance) but it is my 'professional' name.  Easy to remember (for myself and others) and yet, somewhat personal to me as I was known by that name for over 25 years in my chosen field.  I use it on many different websites (with different passwords, of course).  It beats trying to come up with some clever screen name every time I join a different site.  I guess I'm just not that ambitious.

While I don't really care what screen name anyone else uses, I think some are so personal that they don't have much meaning to anyone but the user.  OMG16 makes perfect sense when she explains her screen name (thanks!) but the screen name - standing alone - doesn't.  Some screen names are cute, some are clever and some are indecipherable but at least they're all products of the imagination and so, interesting in some way. 

I would suggest to OMG16 that if she changes her screen name to also try to include a photo of both her and her son, as she does all the posting.  Also, for those with somewhat opaque screen names, the addition of your 'real' first name at the bottom of your posts tends to personalize you and makes a better 'connection'.  Just a suggestion from

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.