Author Topic: 19 Years..... O L D  (Read 3118 times)

Taylor

• Ra Ha Ha
19 Years..... O L D
« on: March 11, 2007, 01:52:51 am »
So it's my birthday today....
One more year away from the surgery yet one year closer to death
and one more year i have to relive "IT" for the people that know some or the wrong of the story
now people i haven't met before are starting to come into the picture... which is strange cause i mostly hung out with people that knew everything
the people that knew what i was like BEFORE...
wild
crazy
just trying to be a happy kid
and i was
i look back at it now and i took everything for granted
s
M
i
L
e             :)
now i'm just a quiet shy girl who always seems sad
and i am
sometimes i think it's one hell of a dream

my poptart got stuck in the toaster tonight
Taylor
Translab/4.8 cm AN on right side removed 2/3/06
St. Louis Children's Hospital (next to Barnes-Jewish)/ Jeffery Leonard - Neurosurgeon
Cross-facial nerve graft with muscle transplant
Bad coordination on right side - constant pins-and-needles sensation on left side
21 years-old
Illinois

tony

Re: 19 Years..... O L D
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 02:12:26 am »
Firstly Happy Birthday !
and secondly Welcome Back !
I thought youd been de-listed; or gone moody on us, or something
Any way I take your point and...
If I may quote W.C. Fields (?), Chairman Mai ?, Popeye ?
The ONE thing worse than having a 19th birthday and post A.N. OP,
is NOT having a 19th birthday and post OP
The years ARE precious - use them well
(PS I was an "UN-person" for a while, delisted, banned from the list, etc etc etc
- I even spoke to the CIA - but they denied any involvement....
- so I knew they MUST be involved somehow....)
(pps does anyone have cure for.... paranoid delusions ??)
Best Regards
Tony

Dfcman

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 02:16:46 am »
Happy Birthday~!

I feel like that too.  I used to be the fun outgoing funny party guy.  Now everyone takes me too seriously.  I feel like after this, it was like an episode of the twilight zone or something.  The world changed.  I get very frustrated at times.  I dunno, the future is what you make of it... and no brain tumor's gonna bring me down!!! :-\
Son of Chrissmom
23 Years Old
AIM is the best way to contact me
5.3 x 4 cm tumor removed by surgery(2 times)
Dr. Arriaga and Dr. Baghai Pittsburgh Allegheny Hospital
Post Op as of 7/20/06

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 06:26:49 am »
Hi Taylor & Happy Birthday !?

I want to write something meaningful for you but I don't know what to say -
Your sweet young age has me at a loss...
I'm in the same boat as you but at 51 it's alot different.
Who would have thought your birthday gift will be a nerve graft
But it will improve your appearance, & hopefully your spirits.
Stay strong Taylor, your life's journey is far from over.....
None of us know what's awaiting us around the bend....

"See the girl with the broken smile, ask her if she wants to stay awhile...& she will be loved..."

Wishing you many years of love & happiness....keep a peaceful heart my young friend,   Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Desilu

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 07:51:42 am »
Hi Taylor,

Happy Birthday! I have followed your journey on this website. You are an incredable young lady! You have gone through more adversities than most people will go through in a life time and you are only 19!

God has a plan for you and it's going to be better than anything you can imagine! Please keep the faith and hang in there, the best is yet to be!  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 09:21:01 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!!!!!!

Burnt poptarts stink! >:(  But... you being here with us is surely beautiful!  :-*  Sending you LOTS of huggles for your special day.... and it truly is special. Never forget that!

xoxox
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

thecakes

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 03:13:39 pm »
  Happy Birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Taylor, happy birthday to you!  You have a whole big world to look forward to.  There will be many twist and tangles.  May yours  be a happy one.  I just turned 48 the 10th and that is a different story.  Life goes by fast Taylor, hang on tight.  I was young and active once, it seems like yesterday.  But I know you have to keep on moving forward.  Us oldies have had our hay days and now its your turn.  Live wisely.  Your a baby yet!

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 04:04:07 pm »
Hey Taylor: sorry you had to grow up unlike some of your peers at your age who are still thinking of beer, booze, drugs, rock and roll and of course S*X... It's hard being an old soul in a young body.

You still have a wonderful life ahead of you.  I remember at 19 thinking I knew everything and at 20 realizing I knew NOTHING- so you are way ahead of the learning curve. And those who get your story will be your friends for life- those that don't are just leechs looking for someone to pick up the tab at the bar- (that is if you were in Canada or Europe where the drinkin' age is 19).
You still are the wonderful, vibrant, happy go lucky woman- others that are true friends will see that immediately.  Take care of yourself- Happy Birthday. XXXOOO Annie

Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 06:43:09 pm »
Taylor,

Happy birthday!  Your strength inspires me...inspires the rest of us.  One who is so young but so strong....  Sometimes we forget that there are others out there...   I'm 45 and I get caught up with my kids, spouse, work, everyday junk that clouds my mind and life...and I forget there are those like you, that are so young and dealing with this. 

I believe everything that happens to us is for a reason...to hone us...to sharpen us for the future.  One day you'll draw from this and find strength and know that you can accomplish anything.

I'm glad your OK and back with us.  Happy birthday Taylor.

Gary
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!