Author Topic: This Week 4/04/10 in the AN World  (Read 2980 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 4/04/10 in the AN World
« on: April 04, 2010, 12:01:33 pm »
James (james e) it was great to read that your surgery went so well.  Although going to the movies may have to wait a week or so, it appears your doing pretty good.   A belated Happy Birthday to your wife.

Susan’s (skamper) retrosigmoid surgery “went as the doc's expected” according to her husband Bill and daughter Danielle.  Thank you both for keeping us updated.

Anne (jazzfunkanne) we’re glad everything went as planned with the BAHA surgery, and eye weight removal.

Congratulations to our newest Posties.  We hope that your recoveries, removals and implant, are swift and with out complication.

Sue (sues1953) we were happy to read that you got answers to your questions, that you have made a decision, and have a surgery date.  The research and decision making process is brutal, for most this is the hardest part.

This is a crazy week:

Monday Laleh (lalehjg) is having CK treatment.

Thursday Don (Kiwi Don) is having translab surgery in New Zealand.

Also on Thursday Jesse (neuroma racer) is having middle fossa surgery.

You will all be in our thoughts and prayers this week, in hopes that the treatments, and surgeries are a complete success and are without complication.

Tuesday Jan (leapyrtwins) will receive her BAHA BP100, cool 8)

Thursday Sara (saralynn143) is having facial PT.  Sara we are sorry that you need the PT, but are hopeful you will have good results. 

Thursday is Lauren’s (ombrerose4) BAHA Gotcha Day.  Lauren we hope that the BAHA proves to be all that you hoped it would be.

Thursday Anissa (anissa) is having her 1 year follow-up and MRI.  We’ll keep you in our thoughts and prayers for good results.

Happy Anniversary Jo (tenai98), and Nancy (NancyMc) as you both celebrate 1 year since your AN surgeries on Wednesday and Thursday respectively.

For all that are recovering, we hope that things are getting better every day.

Happy Easter,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 4/04/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 01:59:47 pm »
Rich ~

Our collective thanks, as always.  This is a busy week!

To avoid a protracted post, I'll just offer my hopes and prayers (or congratulations) for all those undergoing surgery or radiation procedures, facial therapy, receiving a BAHA processor, having MRI scans or celebrating AN surgery anniversaries.

I also hope that all those in recovery will continue to heal and soon return to normalcy.

Jim
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 02:55:16 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 03:28:08 pm »
I'm exhausted just reading this.  I'll update on my one-year progress with photo soon.  Thanks!  See you soon, Scarlett and Rich!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

sgerrard

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 05:39:39 pm »
This is a crazy week:

Back to business as usual, in other words.  ;)

Best wishes to Laleh, Don, and Jesse. You can do it!

Continued good recovery wishes to those newly on the postie side.

I can't believe it is Nancy's one year anniversary already. I really should knit up that peat brown hat for you. Happy anniversary to Jo and Anissa too. Good luck Sara with your lucky appointment in St. Louis. Good BAHA vibes to Lauren and Jan.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 06:15:02 pm »
Thanks for the nice thoughts everyone, but unfortunately there was a voice mail on my phone yesterday canceling my Thursday appointment. So much for serendipity. I will still be going o the airport to pick up my firstborn who is finishing up her study abroad in Panama. Can't wait to have her home! I don't know when I will be able to reschedule a trip to St. Louis with multiple end-of-school activities and two kids plus a niece and nephew graduating this spring, but it will work out somehow.

I wish better luck to everyone else with their health-related appointments this week, especially the major procedures. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers as the week progresses.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 05:50:57 am »
congrats to many celebrating ANniversaries!! Speedy recovery wishes to all those enduring treatments this week.... continued wellness wishes for those in "postie" status...

....and Jan, when you get your new BAHA BP100, will you be able to pick up radio stations here in Boston from Chicago? ;)  Please let us know what you think of it! the info will be priceless to many here!

Have a fab week, all!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 06:04:08 am »
Best wishes to all those continuing to recover.  Get lots of rest, don't overdo it, and take care of yourselves.

Happy ANniversary to both Jo and Nancy.  It's hard to believe it's been a whole year  :)

Good luck to those having treatment.  May your procedures be both short and successful.

Anissa, I hope your MRI is "clean".  Take a nice nap in the tube of gloom.

Saralynn, sorry to hear your appointment was cancelled. 

Last but not least, Lauren, I hope things go well with your BP100 programming.  I'm looking forward to mine, and I hope I'm not disappointed.  Phyl, you KNOW I'll be posting my two cents worth on the Forum.  You couldn't stop me if you tried   ;D

On Tuesday, after my appointment, I'm making good on my promise to buy Ken (kencutus) lunch.  It will be very interesting to meet someone with bilateral BAHAs - a first for me.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Vivian B.

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 08:25:10 pm »
Good luck everybody with your treatments and for those that already had procedures done, best wishes on your recoveries. As always we pray for each other.

Thank you for the updates.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

wendysig

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 12:08:44 am »

Rich,

Thanks as always for your great update.  Especially since I haven't been on a lot lately, it's hard to keep track of what's going on and how everyone is doing. 

I'm sending best wishes  and prayers for a speedy, uncomplicated recovery to those of you Jwho have had treatment lately.  I look forward to following your progress. 

Congratulations to Sue for setting your surgery date.  I hope you feel like your ducks are in a row.  The decision making process is the hardest  part of the AN journey, in my opinion.  Keep busy and the day of your surgery will be here before you know it.  My house was never so clean and my pantry was never so well stocked as it was at that time.

You will all be in our thoughts and prayers this week, in hopes that the treatments, and surgeries are a complete success and are without complication.

Jan- Congratulations again -- good things come to she who waits!

Sara - Good luck with your facial PT.  Please keep us updated on your progress,

Lauren- Congratulations again on your BAHA gotcha day!

Anissa- I hope your visit to the Tube of Gloom went well and that you get only good news
Happy Anniversary Jo (, and Nancy

Best wishes to all,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!