Author Topic: prayer request non AN related  (Read 2638 times)

BeckyMax

prayer request non AN related
« on: May 16, 2012, 12:57:55 am »
I got good news on my hearing exam Monday, minutes later my husband was sent to the hospital for testing following his shoulder surgery last Thursday.  He was diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism.  We are so greatful his or tho recognized the signs and asked the right questions.  He spent the night in ICU but is recovering and moved to a regular room tonight.

He will have some obstacles in recovery, but this could have been fatal.

Becky
7mm x 5 mm Left AN, diagnosed 2/9/12
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
Re: prayer request non AN related
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 01:07:48 am »
Sending lots of good vibes for a speedy recovery to your husband.  I know that can be so scary.
Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 12:27:15 pm »
Becky ~

I'm sorry you and your husband had this somewhat traumatic experience but very glad that the pulmonary embolism was, as you noted, caught in time and serious complications were avoided.  Prayers for both of you as well as good thoughts for his recovery.

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

BeckyMax

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 06:42:40 pm »
He is much improved today up and moving around, walking the halls.  What a crazy year it has been, I feel like we are the lucky ones though, being in the ICU you really appreciate your own situation.

Thank you for the prayers, they are working.

Becky
7mm x 5 mm Left AN, diagnosed 2/9/12
7mm x 6 mm  8/12
9mm x 7 mm  8/13
Cyberknife 12/13

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 09:27:22 pm »
Becky,

You and your husband have been through tough times! I will keep both of you in my prayers tonight! Just when you don't expect it God has a way of making us slow down and appreciate more!

Mike

Glad you caught his problem in time! Sending positive vibes out to you both, together you will see this through!
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!