Author Topic: eye and lip twitching  (Read 7912 times)

phx

eye and lip twitching
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:54:42 pm »
Sometimes under my left eye and my upper left lid start twitching for no reason at all and it'll do so for 5 to 10 minutes. I know this is part of the tumor, but it shouldn't lead to anything else, right?

free2be

Re: eye and lip twitching
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 08:07:42 pm »
I've had twitching of the upper lid for a while now, before CK and now after a bit more sometimes. I don't know that it leads to anything; I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe you're just concerned if it means something more will happen. I guess I can't really answer that. Have you had treatment? I didn't look up your past posts or anything.

Connie
Diagnosed Nov. 2008 Right AN 7 mm x 9 mm
Incremental MRIs enhancing mass
June 2010 1.4 cm x 0.9 cm extension into the CP angle
Pre-CK Stanford measurements 1.6 X 1.1 cm
9/29/10 - 10/1/10 CK completed with Dr Steven Chang and Soltys, Stanford.
6-month thru three year (8/13) follow ups MRI: stable

phx

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 08:18:06 pm »
I had surgery Feb. of this year and had radiation in August. I'm just worried it might mean other things. For example, twitching shouldn't lead to facial paralysis or something major, right? I should ask my doc when I see him.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 06:00:58 am »
Checking with your doctor is a good idea. There may be swelling from the radiation that is irritating your facial nerve.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

stevecms

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2010, 12:13:31 pm »
Hi phx,im 12 mths post op and i had eye twitches and tingles around the lower part of the face all on the an side.I was woried it could be regrowth but consultant said it had not grown.The twitches have stopped and i have put it down to nerve regeneration and overtiredness.Hope it stops soon.Steve :)
4 cm acc neuroma 99.9% removed queen elizabeth hospital 6 sept 09 by dr walsh.thought it was trigeminal neuralga,lots of facial pain for 18mths,now deaf on rh side little taste and ear pressure.13 hour surgery.

Angela R.

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 02:44:37 pm »
I am almost 3 months post-surgery and I get twitches in my lips and eye all of the time.  However, my facial weakness is getting better and better so I have taken it as a good sign. :D
6/2010 translabyrinthine surgery, total hearing loss in the right ear
10/2007 gamma knife surgery

JLR

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 06:19:05 am »
Hi All, I am nearly 4 weeks post ck..and in the last week I have been having eye twitches on the right side, (right sided AN 2.3 cm, CK 12/1,12/2,12/3) and a little annoying ache..not quite a pain, but for sure an ache. Once the twitches subsides all is well.  This happens several times a day. Even some burning in the eye as well.  Have used eyedrops to soothe the eye to no avail. I'm hoping this is not the start of CK after effects. Any advice? As always..Thanks! JLR

phx

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 01:23:56 pm »

Hi JLR,

It's been 4 months for me. I've noticed recently that the twitching is occuring more often, several times a day. I haven't had problems with my eyes, besides the double vision, but I had that before my surgery and the CK. I've had twitching before surgery and after surgery, and even more after CK. I have a while yet before I see my doctor, but for now, I'm assuming it could be the nerves just healing up.

Phx

Hi All, I am nearly 4 weeks post ck..and in the last week I have been having eye twitches on the right side, (right sided AN 2.3 cm, CK 12/1,12/2,12/3) and a little annoying ache..not quite a pain, but for sure an ache. Once the twitches subsides all is well.  This happens several times a day. Even some burning in the eye as well.  Have used eyedrops to soothe the eye to no avail. I'm hoping this is not the start of CK after effects. Any advice? As always..Thanks! JLR