Author Topic: Facial paralysis/Pregnancy/Take risk of Bell's Palsy on top of what I have.  (Read 2537 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

I AM 1 YEAR POST OP. LEFT SIDED FACIAL PARALYSIS THAT IS SLOWLY IMPROVING BUT BY NO MEANS RECOVERED. SCORE IS 36/100 POINTS PER MY THERAPIST SO MOVEMENTS ARE THERE BUT WEAK. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ANOTHER CHILD SOMEDAY BUT KNOW THAT PREGNANCY IS A RISK FACTOR FOR BELL'S PALSY. I CAN'T IMAGINE GETTING THAT ON TOP OF WHAT I ALREADY HAVE. I DON'T THINK MY FACIAL NERVE COULD TAKE ANY MORE TRAUMA. ANY ONE OUT THERE THAT HAS HAD A BABY WHILE NERVE WAS RECOVERING? HOW DID IT GO? WE MIGHT JUST ADOPT SINCE GOD HAS BLESSED US WITH TWO OF OUR OWN. APPLICATION FOR ADOPTION HAS BEEN FILLED OUT BUT I DREAM OF HAVING JUST ONE MORE BUT DON'T WANT TO BE GREEDY.
ANGIE

Kaybo

Angie~
I will try to call you (but I am on hold right now w/ Sprint!).  I got pregnant not too terribly long after I had surgery - w/in the 1st year!  Of course, I probably am not the one to talk to since my face is paralyzed, but it never had any effect and I still regained SOME movement after the 12/7, but while I was pregnant...does that make sense??  ???

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

CROOKEDSMILE

Hi Kay,
Thanks for responding! Been thinking about ya lately!
Angie