Author Topic: Speaking of dates ..... "See" they remember me :)  (Read 2516 times)

Denisex2boys

Speaking of dates ..... "See" they remember me :)
« on: June 25, 2008, 01:18:49 pm »
Here is a lovely email I received from LHSC – “seeâ€? they haven’t forgotten about me ….. and I almost feel a sense of relief that nothing will happen while Dan is down and recuping from his surgery - things do happen for a reason!  ... and it relieves me so that they do take the most urgent cases first - I do know of one girl that was diagnosed with a brain tumor from the same ENT that diagnosed mine - and sadly hers was not benign .....

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 12:37 PM
To: Denise Dougall
Cc: DThompson
Subject: RE: Appointment with Dr. Lownie - (acoustic neuroma)

Hi Denise

We will only need blood work done before your surgery & that can be done on the morning of.

Unfortunately we have had several urgent cases which have forced us to move everyone on the waiting list
to a later date.  I have to apologize that at this point I am not able to give you a tentative date.   I am sure you can appreciate the
challenges in organizing two surgeons schedules to accommodate joint surgeries.    Please be assured we have not forgotten about you.   Your
chart, along with several others in the same boat as you greet me each morning when I walk into my office.

As soon as I have something (even tentative) to tell you, I will be in touch.   Dr. Lownie and Dr. Parnes are actively prioritizing the cases on a weekly basis.

I hope everything goes well with your husband's surgery.

It is difficult when people continually ask you about your upcoming surgery.

Hope the kids enjoy the summer.   I am always glad when that last day of school hits.....no more lunches & homework!

With best wishes

Lynn Boyd
Office of Dr. Steve Lownie
Department of CNS
LHSC-University Hospital
Room C7-126
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Speaking of dates ..... "See" they remember me :)
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 01:49:46 pm »
Denise:

Although a surgery date appears to be somewhat elusive for you, the e-mail from Lynn (Boyd) of Dr. Lownie's office is reassuring and certainly friendly.  That kind of attitude on the part of doctor's staff people really is appreciated by patients, as I'm sure you appreciated this lady's effort to keep you informed and explain the very real reasons for the delay in scheduling your AN surgery.

Thanks for sharing that bit of affirmative correspondence with us. 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 05:08:50 pm »
Denise -

I'm so glad to see they haven't forgotten about you; you certainly had reason to believe they had  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

calimama

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 04:06:08 pm »
Hi Denise...

sorry to hear of the challenges you are facing getting a date sorted.

I was rescheduled twice and the first time i was horrified. I had so much organized! And i was rescheduled 7 days before my surgery! I waited an extra 3 weeks in the end, so not so bad.

I agree that the email from the doctor's office was very nice... and in the end, I guess it is tough for them to get everything set too.

Anyway, many of us have been there and as you know... your day will come! Good luck with all and hope it works out for you.

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

wendysig

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 12:54:58 pm »
Denise,
Glad to see the doc's office staff was nice enough to send you such a personal message.  The staff often reflects the kind of care you can expect from a doctor and if this is the case, you must have a truly wonderfuly doctoir.  Sorry you've been rescheduled, but as  you said, things like this often happen foir a reason.  Hopefully by the time you have your date,  Dan will be back on his feet.  Losts of luck and good wishes.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 03:40:47 pm »
Denise~
Just the fact that they take the time for such a long & thuoghtful reply is reassuring!!  Sounds like you will be in good hands!  Hope all is well with the hubby & kids!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Denisex2boys

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 08:28:09 pm »
Hi everyone .... well Dan's 1st surgery is tomorrow for his carpel tunnel at 8:20 am - I will take him and then drop him back at home - it is errily quiet here as the kids are at Nana's for a sleep-over - I will then go to work for the day and we are then off to our trailer for a week on beautiful Lake Huron - I can HARDLY wait .... so best wishes to all - enjoy your 4th of July and see you in a little more than a week.

Thank you for the continued support and well wishes!  :)
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 11:06:27 pm »
Denise -

good luck to Dan tomorrow.

And good luck to you, too!  It's not easy being a caregiver; make sure you take care of yourself while you are taking care of Dan.

Please let us know that everything works out.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways