Author Topic: acupuncture  (Read 2208 times)

Brewers7

acupuncture
« on: August 11, 2013, 01:42:58 pm »
Has anyone tried acupuncture for help with facial weakness?
Translab surgery 12/15/2008 followed by CSF leakage repair and 3 additional surgeries for MRSA of the brain (NOT typical) SSD,  facial and vocal cord paralysis, numerous reconstructive surgeries, Transear 12/2010

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: acupuncture
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 02:34:13 pm »
Susan ~

Type 'acupuncture' into the Search bar and you'll have access to many posts relating to AN patients who have used acupuncture (with varying results).

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Derosa9817

Re: acupuncture
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 11:09:15 pm »
Hi brewers7!

I have been doing acupuncture for about a year now. I began rediagnosis and now post diagnosis and surgery. There are many benefits to acupuncture as it helps align the energy fields in the body. I would say that while acupuncture can treat a whole host of physical ailments, this holistic alternative works to clear certain physical ailments and pain. I would say to give it a try. You have nothing to lose by reaching for an alternative method of healing. It will help to bring into balance your physical and emotional states of being but not sure that it can "cure" facial issues.

Hope this helps.

All my best!
Initial MRI - 10/31/12
Pressure headaches, ringing in right ear, numb-
ness  and loss of taste buds right side, balance issues
R AN 2.7x3.2x2.3 cm
Retrosigmoid 1/24/13
JHU- Dr. Tamargo & Dr. Chien
Double vision, deafness right side, numbness, tinnitus