Author Topic: Minimum symptoms for a diagnose?  (Read 5873 times)

epc1970

Re: Minimum symptoms for a diagnose?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 03:58:14 pm »
Kain
Please feel free to ask any questions as you continue your journey to some answers. We are always happy to try to help!
Erin

kford

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 09:33:31 pm »
Wow, welcome to the site. I noticed a gradual earing loss and no dizziness to speak of. I did have tension headaches as you described. Only MRI's with and without contrast can rule out an AN. They grow slowly, but you want to have the right diagnosis and a good knowledge base to make the decision right for you. Keep us posted.
Gamma knife procedure 1/25/08 for a 3cm AN. Left facial weakness after contacting Ramsey/Hunt Syndrome. (They say) No hearing in left ear.

Pembo

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 10:12:13 am »
Kain, I had a 4 cm AN and no significant hearing loss. 3 mos before dx, my face felt "tingly". I described it as the feeling you have as the novocaine is wearing off. Dizziness started a month later. I also had the feeling of needing to pop my ear, like on a plane at that time. I did think that our phone was broken as it was harder to hear. When my hearing was tested there was a very slight loss. The doc commented that it was rare to see so little hearing loss for such a large tumor.

After reading on these boards for almost 6 years...every AN has different presenting symptoms.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Kain

Re: Minimum symptoms for a diagnose? + a followup question
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2010, 02:15:23 pm »
Hi again!

Thanks for all responses I got from you. I have a followup question to the forum readers, but first I have to say I regret slightly the title of this thread. It should really have had a title like "Is my pain in head caused by my AN?" or "Is my tension like headache caused by my AN?".

Before I ask the question I repeat my description of the problem I have so far. I wrote:
"Today, I still have no tinnitus nor dizziness, and I don't know if the tumor is growing; I have described my symptoms not as numbness, but as pressure on my face, and also pain in those areas, pain that is affecting me seriously. Numbness is often used, as I see it when diagnosing AN, but still it is not my best word. Still, ‘pressure on my face’ is a better word, just as you several times in each day was hit by a soccer ball on your face, or as you run into a barn wall a few times."

I only have one AN (its on my right side, and it is verified), and I do wonder if I should feel more pain on left or right side, or about equal on both sides, given I have the symptoms I describe above? Or, should I experience no pain at all on the not affected side of my face?

Best wishes from Sweden
Kain
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 02:17:46 pm by Kain »