Author Topic: This Week 1/17 “2010” in the AN World  (Read 3151 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 1/17 “2010” in the AN World
« on: January 17, 2010, 07:05:05 pm »
Mei Mei (Mei Mei) is home after having retrosigmoid surgery last Tuesday and sounds like the surgery went very well.  Congratulations on becoming our newest Postie.

Today, Sunday Patrick (texsooner) was going to run a half marathon in Houston.  We hope the weather was nice, and that you had a great run.

Also today Captain Deb (Captain Deb) celebrates seven years since her mid-fossa surgery.  Happy Anniversary Captain Deb, you are truly an “irreplaceable” Hero Member.

Monday and Thursday Nikki (opp2) will be having consults in Vancouver, BC.  Nikki we hope that you get the answers to all your questions, and that any concerns you have are put at ease.

Tuesday is a busy day:

DJ (Coach DJ) goes to Little Rock, AK. for translab surgery.  DJ we hope your time away from coaching high school football is short.

Mary Ann’s (margen) BAHA Gotcha Day has finally arrived.  We hope the BAHA experience is everything you’ve hoped it would be.

And Captain Deb (Captain Deb) is having Botox treatment for her migraines.  Captain Deb we hope this “finally” gives you relief, seven years is a long time.

Wednesday (not on the calendar) Joanne (Joanne7151) is having translab surgery.

Friday Lynn (Lynn Mc) is having translab at MGH in Boston, MA.  We know The Magic Scarf will work it’s powers, as it has for so many before you, Scarlett was “lucky number 13”.

Saturday Anne Marie (yardtick), another “irreplaceable” Hero Member, turns 50.  Happy Birthday Anne Marie.

Our thoughts and prayers for uncomplicated surgeries/treatments, and speedy recoveries for all that are having procedures this week, and continued improvements to those currently recovering.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: This Week 1/17 “2010” in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 08:09:53 pm »
Thank you Rich and Scarlett.  You are too kind.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

suboo73

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:24:15 am »
Our thoughts and prayers for uncomplicated surgeries/treatments, and speedy recoveries for all that are having procedures this week, and continued improvements to those currently recovering.

Rich & Scarlett

Thank you for another great update, Rich!
Well wishes and healing prayers for all those having procedures and recovering.

Can't wait to hear about Patrick's half marathon, Captain Deb's anniversary celebration, and Anne Marie's birthday fun!

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Keri

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 10:31:32 am »
Wow, it is a busy week. Happy 50th birthday, Anne Marie; happy anniversary Cap'n Deb (and i hope the treatments go well and are effective). And  a lot of translabs... praying for good results and a quick passing of the yucky FTD.

Congrats to Patrick - just saw his posted time on his 'on a positive note' post. Laura (allegro17) also ran Houston as well and did the marathon. Congrats to both of you!

Thank you, Rich, for the posts on everyone.

Have a good week,
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 02:15:05 pm »
Thanks, Rich and give my best to Scarlett.  :)

Prayers and good vibes for our 3 Translab surgery patients; D.J., Joanne and Lynn.  Good luck to Mary Ann on her BAHA 'gotcha' Day (Tuesday) and of course, prayers that Captain Deb finds relief from her migraines with the Botox treatments.  Also, congratulations to Deb on her seven-year surgery anniversary.  A rousing edition of 'Happy Birthday To You' goes out to our own Ann Marie on the occasion of her reaching the half-century mark.  I trust that Nikki will enjoy productive consults in Vancouver this week and I'll just assume that Patrick is still resting up from his 13-mile run on Sunday.  I admire him for participating.  May those in recovery continue healing and regaining normalcy. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

tenai98

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 04:26:27 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNE MARIE...a little early but I may forget it by sat being in Mexico and finally having some nice weather
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 05:28:23 pm »
1960 babies rock. I think there are a number of us with milestone birthdays this year.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 08:38:35 pm »
wow, Rich! Thanks for handling this week's updates!

To all those having one sort of treatment or another this week.... my wellness wishes to you all and Captn, hope the doc has some botox left for the wrinkles on me forehead! :)

For all those enduring, celebrating (esp AnnMarie Milestone!  :-*  :-*  :-* ), be well..... thinking of you.....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 09:27:18 am »
Rich,

Thanks as always for the great update -- I really don't know what we'd do without you!

I'm sending prayers to all having treatment this week.

Congratulations to Mei Mei on a good surgical outcome.

Happy Birthday Ann Marie!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Vivian B.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 11:21:31 am »
Thank you for the update. There is so many of us now, it's hard to keep track. All my best to all having surgery, going for consults, running marathons, having other procedures and all in recovery. and whatever else I missed.

Happy Birthday Anne Marie.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.