Author Topic: More information on Metal Removal  (Read 2432 times)

hall0602

More information on Metal Removal
« on: June 18, 2007, 04:47:31 pm »
I am not sure on the exact size of my tumor it was about the size of a dime i believe. It was removed two years ago in Blogett Hospitol, Grand Rapids, Michigan. My scar/ insision site is about 6 inches long. The headaces and pain start in the back of my head behind my ear near my rod from my BAHA. I orginally thought my pains were from my BAHA sight but my doctor said that area looks perfect. My headaches were daily and I was getting alot of infections near the rod for the BAHA. So I went to the doctor and he told me the pain could be from the metal and screws in the head. He said it is very rare to have to remove it but he has done it for 5 people. He also said most people who need the metal removed are generally skinner people. I hope this helps. I will have my pre-op appointment in less than a month and I can tell you more then. Thank you for your support.

Janet

• Janet Sherwood Photography
Re: More information on Metal Removal
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:55:28 pm »
Did your doctor mention if the pain was relieved in the 5 people that had the metal and screws removed?  I'll be waiting to hear what your doctor says. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Janet

Surgical removal of 1 cm x .8 cm x .6 AN on 4/2004.