Author Topic: National Hospital London  (Read 2481 times)

claireb

National Hospital London
« on: June 03, 2007, 12:36:36 am »
As mentioned in my previous mail, my mum has to be operated at National Hospital London.  I would like to hear from anyone who had his/her operation done at National Hospital London.  I would appreciate any experiences, good or bad.  thanks
Claire

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: National Hospital London
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 03:13:13 pm »
claire:

I can't offer any personal references regading this facility but here is some information from their website:

The NHNN is a leading centre for the diagnosis, treatment and care of patients with a wide range of neurological conditions such as epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s, stroke and head injuries. With its neighbour, the Institute of Neurology, it is a major international centre for research and training. The NHNN provides comprehensive neurology and neurosurgery services for our other hospitals, including an acute brain injury unit, the national prion clinic and a neurorehabilitation unit.

Their website is: http://www.uclh.nhs.uk/Our+hospitals/National+Hospital+for+Neurology+and+Neurosurgery.htm

I hope this helps a bit and I trust that some of our UK members will be able to offer more information.

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.