Author Topic: 6 Month MRI  (Read 2615 times)

Vivian B.

6 Month MRI
« on: November 24, 2010, 01:29:23 pm »
Hi Everybody,

I had my 6 month MRI and follow-up appt. today. The MRI shows no growth and Dr. Schwartz said it was a good sign. I asked him if he saw any shaded areas an he indicated no but that as long as  there was no growth it was good. He did mention there was a 1mm margin of error. He explained that the pain is being caused from the tail of the tumor being irritated and so close to the hearing nerve. He said if the symptoms are geting better, they should slowly subside although I might still experience some ups and downs down the road. I was wondering at what point the shaded areas start to show. I was kind of disapointed when I didn't see any.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: 6 Month MRI
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 02:23:17 pm »
Hi, Vivian ~

Congratulations on the good MRI results!  FWIW:  necrosis doesn't usually show up on the MRI scan until approximately a year after the radiation procedure.  Of course, every case is unique so that isn't a rule, just a general observation.  As your doctor stated, no growth is the primary goal of the radiation and you've already achieved that, which is great news.  May all your future MRI scans be as positive as this one was!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

kenneth_k

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 06:12:16 am »
Hi Vivian.

I'm glad to hear that there evidently is no growth.

Best regards, Kenneth

free2be

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 06:51:22 pm »
Vivian,

Backing up what Jim said, Dr. Chang (or someone on that team) told me during my September CK treatment that on the first 6 month MRI they are just looking to be sure there is no growth. They do not usually see signs of necrosis that soon.

Hope that helps and glad you got the "no growth" report. What kind of pain are you having? I probably could look at your other posts to get this information, but just curious.

Connie
Diagnosed Nov. 2008 Right AN 7 mm x 9 mm
Incremental MRIs enhancing mass
June 2010 1.4 cm x 0.9 cm extension into the CP angle
Pre-CK Stanford measurements 1.6 X 1.1 cm
9/29/10 - 10/1/10 CK completed with Dr Steven Chang and Soltys, Stanford.
6-month thru three year (8/13) follow ups MRI: stable

Vivian B.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 05:03:24 pm »
Thank you all for your goodd wishes. I never feel alone when I have doubts, as I know you are all there somewhere. Connie I was having throbbing pain in the ear like a severe ear infection constant but it is now better.

Thanks again.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.