Author Topic: blood pressure  (Read 13499 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: blood pressure
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 11:42:41 am »
All you wine lovers....you should taste my husband's wine.  His personal favourite is Petite Syrah.  I've got a special bottle for Il Magnifico!! ;D 

My husband makes White Zinfandel for me and a lovely white Pinot Grigrio.

Salute ;)

Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Lorenzo

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 11:46:59 am »
I'm partial to good Rioja Reserva, lots of the super tuscan ones that cost an arm and a leg and I can't afford, some french from the south that we discovered on our last trip, and then some of the CA ones we had this time around. Discovered some nice Petite Syrah from the Santa Ynez Valley, had some really nice Coppola from around Napa area i think, and then some Cab Franc from near Palo Alto. :)  But, I have a bottle of Sassicaia from the Chianti region that I'm keeping for a special occasion. Not even the three year anniversary of treatment was special enough for that. I think I'll wait until my 50th.

OR wines are unknown to me, can't get them in this part of the world. Sadly. Willamete Valley? Google, here I come.

Yardtick, I can't wait! I think it won prizes...  slurp

Ok, maybe we'll be told to shift this conversation to a different thread... Although of course, wine is VERY relevant to blood pressure. In fact, I'm about to go and experiment with some prosecco shortly.

Ciao, Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 11:52:31 am »
Hhhmmm - well, since there's a book club on the forum, maybe we should start a wine club???
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Lorenzo

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 11:54:57 am »
hey, there's an idea. And maybe we could get discounts on bulk orders!  lol  Or, we could shift this into a new 'Alternative therapies' section.
doing great now.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 12:02:36 pm »
HHmmm - alternative therapies ... I like that.  And, it could apply equally to pre-treatment, Wait and Watch, and Posties ... maybe we need to get Lori on this as an extension of the Garage Brain Surgery business...

Debbi (with apparently a little too much time on my hands this afternoon...)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Lorenzo

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 12:30:04 pm »
One has never too much time on one's hands! NEVER! It's good for recovery digressing into other non-AN subjects! 

Well, there are garage wines, so why not garage brain surgery! Sounds good. That Nelgish Surgeon performed barin suregry using a Black & Decker drill, so why not do it in a garage...  THE ultimate experience for those DIY nuts amongst us.

Now, about those bulk wine orders... I wonder. Yardtick, does he do bulk orders?

:)
doing great now.

lori67

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 12:36:33 pm »
Why, yes, I'd be happy to store all the wine here.   ;D  How much of it do we need to have left to sell anyway?  Just wondering.  Not like I was planning on drinking all the profits.  I suppose I could kick a few kids out of their rooms and make a storage room or two.

Don't worry, Debbi, the closest I come to the Boone's Farm any more is to point at it and laugh as I walk past it in the store.  Ah, good memories - that and the Pabst Blue Ribbon beer.  Teenagers must not have fully developed taste buds.   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Lorenzo

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 12:40:47 pm »
Oh but teenagers do! For alcohol; any alcohol. Taste? Nah, that's for adults and fuddy duddies.

Ok, the last I know is that a minimum order of wine from a european winery is a pallet, ie around 200 bottles. Not bad, should last us about 2 months, maybe 3 at  push. All under therapeutic expense of course. Wonder if the insurance would cover it? Problem is, I'm here, and your garage / store rooms are over there!

Boy, that Fitou (not prosecco after all) was good!  :)
doing great now.

lori67

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 12:49:30 pm »
Well, if you'd be willing to foot the bill, I'll gladly fly over there as many times as it takes to sneak a few bottles at a time into my suitcase.   ;D  The way the airlines are now, I'd probably wind up paying more for the suitcase to fly than I would for me to fly!

When my husband is out to sea (Navy), he always brings home LOTS of good Italian wine - maybe I'll have him float past you and pick some up on his next trip.  Watch for him - he'll be on that big haze grey thing floating past dressed like the other 5000 people on board.  You can't miss him.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Lorenzo

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 12:53:58 pm »
None of the harbours are big enough for of those cities to float into, and anyway, this is a neutral country, so warships are not welcome, generally. Unless of course they are on a visit, which this mission of picking up wine certainly is!  :)  Just arrange for them to drop by Dunmore East, but tell them to keep out at the 200 mile limit. I'll find a fishing vessel here locally to bring me and wine out. I'll get them to launch a flare, green one. Would that work?

Gees... what di thye put into that Fitou I just had???  French, can't be trusted with their freedom wine.  :)
doing great now.

lori67

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2008, 12:57:55 pm »
Tell you what, I'll pack an inflatable raft for him in his seabag - then he can meet you half way for this international exchange of good will.  It is in the interest of science afterall - we can use the profits from the sale of the wine to upgrade to the cordless power tools and a few extra rechargeable batteries.  I hate when your drill battery dies on your right in the middle of drilling through a skull.   :D

Lori

Lorenzo

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2008, 01:05:37 pm »
SELLING the wine???  What are you talking about! This is for personal consumption! We all chip in in buying it, and then we share. Ok, drill bits and drills and batteries. Right, those are vital, but a different fund will have to be used for that. Capital Equipment maybe. Wine fund is R&D. Sorry.

He better get a zodiac organised, wine bottles are heavy.  :)

PS, we haven't been told off by anybody yet... odd.
doing great now.

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2008, 01:08:56 pm »
AN international wine company.  Maybe there is someone on the form that works in customs and could help, or we could make it into a military operation.  I still have all my old 
uniforms and can go onto all the military bases.  I live in a wine region here in Germany and can buy French, Italian, Spanish, and German wines in just about every supermarket.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany

Lorenzo

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2008, 01:18:04 pm »
so we could use all those great US military flights that stop over there to ship stuff back? Excellent! Good idea Dan. Where are you in Germany? I grew up in Switzerland, so wonder if I'm familiar with it.  :)
doing great now.

LADavid

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2008, 01:44:01 pm »
Yikes!  What did I start with the 2Buck Chuck thing?  And Mark, I do stand corrected.  I've been fortunate in my purchases of TBC to get decent bottles.  I was unaware of the inconsitencies.  In my taste experience, I've put Shaw in the middle- range winery.  Nothing to rave about but then nothing to find disgust in.  I'll have to be less trusitng.

And Lori, I thought PBR was the choice of brews in the South.  It seemed like when I lived there the back of every pick-em-up truck was piled high with crushed cans of PBR.  Ah the memories.
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments