Author Topic: Ive had my MRI!  (Read 3759 times)

jacey

Ive had my MRI!
« on: February 02, 2007, 01:34:28 am »
Hi Everyone

Just to say I had my MRI, yesterday, it lasted 45mins and I had contrast! It was a lot more claustrophobic this time being in there for so long, I didnt have time to worry about it last time, only being in there for 10 mins! The radiologist had to ask me to relax because I was breathing heavier and heavier as the session went on and it was making me move, but then she started to talk to me a little, by saying I was doing well, which helped.

Now thats over with just need the results! Will let you know what happens.

Best wishes

Jacey

Lorenzo

Re: Ive had my MRI!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 03:44:32 am »
HI,
Glad that's over for you. Now just lets see what the results are. Let us know.
All the best.
Ciao, Lorenzo

maarten

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 03:49:24 pm »
Awesome! That is reallly good news. The 10 minutes in a mobile MRI unit didn't sound too good. Let's hope for a good outcome! Good luck

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 03:22:14 pm »
jacey:

Sorry you had a problem with the MRI process.  Many folks do.  They are somewhat claustrophobic and 45 minutes can be a looooong time in there, with the 'mask' seemingly just a millimeter from your face.  I know, I had 3 last year.  The first (May, 2006) was the one that initially showed my AN.  The second, a month later, was done just before my surgery.  The neurosurgeon used this MRI to 'map' his approach (retrosigmoid).  The last was in October, following FSR, to establish a 'baseline' to compare with future MRI scans.  My next MRI is scheduled for April. 

Fortunately, I don't suffer from claustrophobia.  I've found that if I mentally disassociate myself from what is going on around me, such as being in a claustrophobic situation, (an MRI scan qualifies) I can easily undergo a full-length MRI scan with no real problems, physical or emotional.  Still, I'm always glad when it's over. 

Again, here's hoping for the best news possible, now that you've undergone the MRI (with contrast) experience - and survived.   :)     
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:16:20 am by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Shrnwldr

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2007, 05:22:46 pm »
My MRI was a breeze in that they asked if I was claustrophic.  Once they put the IV in for the contrast they gave me valium which really relaxed me.  Then the technician noticed I had brought a towel and asked what that was for. I told him to cover my eyes and he gave me a blindfold and some ear plugs.  He even covered me in a blanket as I was very cold :).  He gave me a bulb to squeez if I couldn't take the test and slide me in.  He was also talking to me.  All in all I it was a pleasant experience and believe me if I have to have another one -- I am defintely doing an exact repeat performance.

I was fortunate.  The test took approximately 30 minutes.  20 minutes non contrast and 10 minutes with contrast. 
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007

ixta

• grade 4 left AN
    • Killkuato Acoustic Dx and Tx
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 02:49:09 am »
my first MRI was bad, they didnt give me any earplugs, I bout lost my mind. I tried to latch onto a scene in a hammock in the Caribbean, but it turned into a hurricane. Wasnt too fun for me. click click click tick tick wamma wamma wamma wamma wamma  click click click tick tick

The post op one was done in L.A. I was too dazed 3 days post op, still dizzy and fell asleep in the mri machine.

For one, I had no hearing on one side. and they gave me an earplug for the good one.

deafness was welcome bliss in that damned washing machine.
5cm left AN from IAC to cerebellum/brainstem.
Zapped out by Shahinian @ SBI over the course of 6.5 hrs on Monday 11/27 2006.
thestatus.com   h   biologyfly06

Dantheman

• Orthodox Christian Bookstore
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 09:49:48 am »
I see now that the MRI noises was meant to be training for the tinnitus later on...
I was a little claustrophobic, but after they got half way through I recognized the noises repeating themselves and then it wasn't too bad. I could gauge it then. It was my first one so I didn't know what to expect.

Dan
Diagnosed 12/08/2006. 1.7 cm Right Side AN.
Trans-lab performed on 02/13/2007 by Dr. Lawrence Meiteles and Dr. Raj Murali at Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, N.Y.
TransEar worn since 4/17/07.

pearchica

• Hey!
    • Political Chic Chat- an Independent Political Cocktail for Women
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 08:29:33 pm »
Good for you for surviving the MRI 8)- take care, Annie
Annie MMM MY Shwannoma (sung to the son My Sharona by the Knack-1979)
I have a TUMAH (Arnold Schwarzenegger accent) 2.4 x 2.2 x 1.9CM. CK Treatment 2/7-2/9/07, Stanford- Dr. Stephen Chang, Dr. Scott Soltys