Author Topic: Any ANers in suburban NYC?  (Read 4485 times)

WHWT

Any ANers in suburban NYC?
« on: January 19, 2007, 04:02:32 pm »
Just wondering if any ANers live nearby................
Retrosigmoid suboccipital surgery for 1.3 cm AN in 2005.

jtd71465

Re: Any ANers in suburban NYC?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 08:59:39 am »
I live in central NJ and just had my AN successfully removed on January 10 @ NYU. 
Right side AN removed 1/10/07 @ NYU Medical Center
Dr's Roland and Golfinos

TastyKakeman

• 2.0cm removed John Hopkins Dr Henry Brem .
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 11:59:29 am »
Hi all, any AN's in central Maryland ???
Bob

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 01:46:42 pm »
I Live in CT and work in Greenwich .. right on the NY state line!
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

njgirl

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 10:49:03 pm »
I'm new here and scheduled for translab surgery at NYU March 21 with Dr. Golfinos/Dr. Roland.  I'm from northern NJ.  Anyone else have surgery with these docs or have input on them?   

al

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 08:45:42 am »
Good morning -

I live in New York - Queens and had Translab surgery on August 30th at NYU - Doctors Roland  & Golfinos.  Great doctors - I recommend them highly.   They are so approachable and really listen to what you have to say.  You can even email Dr. Roland  anytime with any concerns/questions and he always answers you back.  I've even done this on a Sunday and heard back from him within an hour.  I cannot praise both of them enough. Golfinos & Roland are just great doctors with a lot of experience with ANs.They are patient and just fantastic.  I had a 1.2 AN and my surgery was 4 hours with a 3 1/2 day stay.  I had some balance problems after surgery, which I knew I would, with my left side having to compensate now for my right (tumor was on the right side.  My balance isn't back 100% yet, but it's mainly when I'm tired that I feel it. No other problems.   I opted for Translab because my hearing loss % was pretty high, even though my tumor was small, I basically heard noises but not people talking. Even if I went for the other type of surgery, there was no guarantee that my hearing would be saved and all agreed this was the best way to go.  If anyone would like to email me, please feel free to do so, on the forum or off.  I'll answer any questions you have. 

AL

Battyp

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 07:07:35 pm »
Hi Al and welcome to our club!  Sounds like things went well for you  :)

cindysip

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 02:18:10 pm »
I live on Long Island. I was just diagnosed with a 3mm AN. I have appt with Dr. Roland the beginning of March.

Cindy
Diagnosed 1/07 2mm AN - symptoms included spinning sensations when awakening, balance problems & mild hearing loss
6/07 - followup MRI no growth
6/08 - no growth, hearing unchanged

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 02:56:11 pm »
well, not in NYC but New England is a stone's throw away and many of us here from the New England area.

Welcome!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"