Author Topic: Looking for more jewelry or ribbon  (Read 6689 times)

shoegirl

Looking for more jewelry or ribbon
« on: March 19, 2006, 05:03:47 pm »
Hi,

I read a post about AN earrings and I was wondering if there are AN bracelets? Or perhaps a ribbon pin?  I think gray or silver is the color ribbon used for brain tumors? 

Any ideas?
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Boppie

Re: Looking for more jewelry or ribbon
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 11:42:51 pm »
I found sterling silver ribbon charms and silver ribbon earrings for awareness.  Try bluemud.com
Also, I found sterling ear charms which one could dangle from a pierced earring wire.  I have ordered the ear charm and hope to get a small diamond mounted in the ear canal. 

SKT

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 07:04:14 am »
I still find, no matter what, when you tell people you're deaf on one side, they really don't get that you REALLY are DEAF on that side.....  I find so many people who aren't deaf, and perhaps have a slight hearing loss, refer to their ear as 'deaf' - so it's really hard to get through to people - i've kind of given up - find it embarrassing, and just nod and giggle when people talk to me. Am finding i'm quite good at it now...

thecakes

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 07:37:10 am »
  Ya, I bet so.  Its still hard for people to get the  drift.  I ordered a out of order pin, it should be in in a few weeks.  It should be fun wearing it though.

Static

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 07:49:16 am »
SKT,  I have the same exact thing going on.  Gonna have to look for a pair of earrings. The out of order one sounds good to me!
3.5cm AN removed 1-21-04
CSF leak repaired 5/04
SSD Right

SKT

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 07:17:33 am »
i'm just not sure it's going to go with my regular jewellery............

DeniseSmith

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 07:22:42 am »
Shoegirl,
somewhere on this site, outside of the discussion forum.  I saw a pin from ANA that you can purchase to indicated SSD.  Can't remember exactly where i saw it, but its there.

Denise

DeniseSmith

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:13:19 am »
Shoegirl,
The pin is located under Items for Sale.
Denise

shoegirl

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 10:17:15 am »
Thanks everyone!  I am going to go check out your suggestions! Shopping! YEAH!
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005

shoegirl

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 10:20:13 am »
Hi,

Just thought I would let you know that I found a beautiful bracelet on ebay.  It is not specifically for AN but for brain tumor awareness.  Also, I found this site where you can personalize awareness pins - so you could do a gray pin with a name or acoustic neuroma (up to 15 letters).  The site is www.personalizedcause.com - they have awareness pins and bracelets.  I haven't ordered one yet.

Have a great day!  ;D

left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 12:23:19 pm »
OMG, fab website and saw the gray ribbon..... worth checking into? I wonder if we note as being members of the ANA gang if they will give us a group discount?  thoughts?
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

shoegirl

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 12:36:35 pm »
They may - good idea!  I am going to order a pin and bracelet.  I think I am going to personalize the pin with Acoustic Neuroma.
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 12:40:01 pm »
Sounds great!  Does anyone have a communications relationship with the ANA Board or administrators? I wonder if this is something they can ask for group discounts and note in the qtrly newsletter, as a vote of support for all AN patients..... just a thought... no biggie... I had caffeine coffee today  (yes, my bloke, I had a cup!).

quote author=shoegirl link=topic=1042.msg9019#msg9019 date=1143052595]
They may - good idea!  I am going to order a pin and bracelet.  I think I am going to personalize the pin with Acoustic Neuroma.
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"