Author Topic: Early notice  (Read 3802 times)

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Early notice
« on: September 02, 2009, 12:51:53 am »
I will be having a winter "lets go to Florida" AN get together here in Tampa this year.  I'm leaning towards January, but can be talked into December.  No date is ruled out.  More details forth-coming when I tell the wife :)

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Early notice
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 10:30:37 am »
If the bloke and I can get to Tampa to see family (they are the snowbirds, not us!), will advise..... would LOVE to FINALLY meet you and talk Bosox! (heck of a game last night!) :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 08:07:57 pm »
My sister has a trailer home near Tampa.  Her and my BIL reside there from Dec 1 - April 15.  In Jan I will hit a major milestone...God willing!  Robin's gift to me is airfare, and I will be landing in Tampa.  Hopeful my husband will have be accompanying me.  The date hasn't been set yet, but I am looking so forward to holidaying in Florida.  It would be nice to get together.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 02:19:13 pm »
I will be in Sarasota late January!!!  I go every year to see an old sailing buddy--not too far from Tampa----

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 02:31:11 pm »
If we don't make it to the Cook Islands, we'll surely be in Port Richie where Dave's parents live, so just say the word!  We're very flexible.  No surgery this year.  Postponing hip replacement until 2011 if at all possible.
Thanks, Ernie!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 06:21:11 am »
Wow...my in-laws live in Leesburg, my s-i-l lives near Tampa, we usually make the trek once a year.  Maybe we can make it in January!  It would be great to get to meet y'all!
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

tenai98

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 06:42:31 am »
I'm there in Florida (St Augustine) for the month of march
jo
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

EJTampa

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 08:52:15 am »
Sounds like quite a few of my AN friends like the idea of Florida in the winter.  I wonder why? ;).  This is awesome.  We'll have to work on the date since everyone has certain plans for travelling south already.  We'll set it up to get the most bang for the buck.  For those that visit the area anyway, please do get in touch with me and we can have lunch!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.

Joe B

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 09:16:47 am »
Ernie

I'm only about 2 1/2 hours from Tampa, so as long as there are no other conflicting events, you can count me in. I have a follow up in October, not sure when the next one will be after that, but if it ends up being in January maybe I can hit both events in one trip.

P.S.  I see your picture from the playoff game......I hope you were rooting for the Red Sox!!

Joe B.
2.9 cm AN left side
MRI 5/13/09
Translab 6/04/09 Tampa General Hospital
SSD

b91221b

• 1.4 x .09 cm 5/09. CK 10/21-22-23/09.
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 10:44:03 am »
Hi, Ernie...I, too, am in the Tampa area...New Port Richey...and would love to have a "meet and greet" with some of my AN buddies!  Have made travel plans January 9-15, but anything other than those dates would work great!  Please keep me in mind if I can do anything to help pull a lunch/brunch together.  December would work, too.....Best wishes to you...

Barbara
Barbara

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 11:10:00 am »
I'm only a six hour drive from Atlanta...can combine with normal business in the area.

;)
Doc
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

EJTampa

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 06:58:53 pm »
Just so you all know, I haven't forgotten :).  Still haven't been able to set a date though, because we are in the process of moving about 5 miles west of where we are now (down sizing).

Barbera - I saw your message looking for others around Tampa.  I also got the PM from Phyl.  I had surgery with Dr. Bartels, so I'm sure our recoveries will be quite different.  It seems like I'm always working at home or at work, with not much time to get to other things, but just shoot me a private message if you would like to chat and we can set something up.

Ernie