Author Topic: Getting Better  (Read 2047 times)

Danny2006

Getting Better
« on: July 16, 2006, 07:50:43 am »
Hi! All

Things are getting better, it has been.  45 days or so since Middle Fossa surgery. I am still far from 100% but I am OK, Pain is less. I still wake with a headache every day, but it is less painful lately. I still have balance problems; I have driven for about a week or so. I can’t drive in heavy traffic, or curvy or rough road, but I can drive some. I still have facial nerve problems, my neuroma turned out to be a Facial nerve neuroma instead of an acoustic neuroma. I retain most of my hearing, even though tinnitus is worse. My eye is still not closing, or making tears. I don’t have any movement on left side of face except for eye brow, which moves a little. I am lucky as far as throat. I seem to swallow well, only had a couple of minor problems.
I do try to get out and do as much work as I can. I get tired easily still, but have more energy. I am happy with my outcome. I know it could be much worse. To all those just out of surgery, It Does Get Better!!!. It may take longer than we like, but it happens.

Thanks all, and Good Luck
Danny
10mmx8mm AN (facial nerve neuroma) found Feb. 06
Surgery at House Clinic on 02June06,

cinnamon

Re: Getting Better
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 11:12:20 am »
Thanks for sharing Danny!

I am having sub occipital on Thursday June 20th and it is so important for me to know how people are doing in the days and weeks after. You hang in there. I will have my husband post to let others know how i am doing for the first week or two. What are you doing with your days to pass time? Have you returned to work?
2.0 cm tumor removed suboccipital on 07-20-06
Left side facial paralysis and deaf ear. Just now researching hearing aid after 6 years!

Sefra22

Re: Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 11:13:32 am »

...my neuroma turned out to be a Facial nerve neuroma instead of an acoustic neuroma.
Hi Danny,
In spite of all you are experiencing you seem to have a positive attitude, and that's commendable! I'm glad you are doing better as time passes. Do you think you were able to retain your hearing because of the location of the tumor?
When did they find out that your tumor was "facial" instead of "acoustic"? Was it during the surgery?
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009