Author Topic: about mom  (Read 1771 times)

Karla83401

about mom
« on: May 25, 2006, 07:30:46 pm »
She met with the doc again today.  Having some major back pain.  I guess the tumor was bigger than they thought, and that's why the transfusion (if I understand correctly).  I guess there's blood in her spinal fluid.  He says it will get worse here in a bit, and then start to get better.  He's perscribed pain med for it, but she's only taking them sparingly.  She's always been like that.  For three or four days after each of my kids, I ate Darvaset (?sp?) and 800mg Ibuprofen like it was candy!!  But not mom.  So any of you have that problem?  She says she doesn't need a walker or cane.  And doc has told her to come home and do nothing but lay and short walks for the first four weeks home.  It'll be nice to see her babied.  Anyway, that's the latest.

Andrea
diag. 2/23/06 left side
4x8x6mm bony area
1.4x.1.1x1.1cm brain area
waiting for surgery in May 06

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: about mom
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 07:43:16 pm »
I complained of back pain and leg pain after surg and they told me the same thing--blood in the spinal fluid--it clears up eventually and fairly quickly, but it is painful--I had suprisingly little head pain right after.  She probably saw "Doc Hollywood" (Dr. Stefan) who has 3 jars of colored liquid in his exam room and he shows ya what your spinal fluid looks like now, in a few weeks, and what normal looks like.

I'm suprised she's coming home so soon.  Most folks stay in the guest center for a week to 10 days post op.  She'll get great care at home, though--I know I wanted to be home really bad, but had no one to take care of me so I had to stay in California with some family who took great care of me, but it wasn't HOME!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2006, 06:29:49 pm »

Just saw this message ..

yep, I had the same issues ... no headache at all , but bad back pain ... and "Doc Hollywood" said it would go away after a few days.... and it did ..
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

chrissmom

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2006, 06:47:10 pm »
Karla,
So glad to hear that you are home and doing ok. Please know that we are thinking of you and you're in our prayers .  You've got the whole summer to recoup...Hang in there...
Chrissmom

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 02:49:03 am »
Andrea,

make sure your mom does exercise especially lying around for a long time. Don't want her muscles to get weak.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz