Author Topic: How long was your hospital stay?  (Read 4874 times)

Charlotte Lady

Re: How long was your hospital stay?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 08:27:31 pm »
I had surgery 8am on Tuesday, spent the night in the ICU because the NICU was full.  Into a regular room midday Weds and escaped from the joint on Friday after lunch. 
I was out of bed, sort of, on Weds, and making everyone I know walk me around the floor on thursday.   

Donna
1.5 cm AN removed 9/25/07.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 09:30:40 am »
My hospital stay was 4½ days.  3 days in ICU and about a 1½ days in a semi-private room.  I only stayed in the ICU as long as I did because they didn't have a bed for me on the 'regular' floor.  This seems to be about average.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

er

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 09:52:26 am »
I went in on a Monday morning and was out by Fri at lunch time. I should had been out by Thursday but they schedule to place a gold weight before I left because I couldn't close my left eye and I was really light sensitive. I also spent all my time in ICU because of no rooms in the hospital..
eve

satman

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 11:27:03 am »
I went through a 17 1/2 hr surgery,induced coma for 3 days,Icu for close to a week,the hospital about 3 weeks,and in-patient re-hab for close to a month,in-home PT for a couple of weeks, and outpatient re-hab for months. graduated in order, wheelchair,walker, cane,to walking like Ozzy to walking like Fred Sanford. " the surgery was the easy part ".
kicked my little 8cm buddy to the curb-c ya !

lori67

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 03:08:17 pm »
Satman, I'm glad I wasn't your surgeon - I would have fallen asleep standing up after about the 10th hour!  By the way, I'm sure YOU'RE glad I wasn't your surgeon too!   :D

Anyway, I had my surgery on a Tuesday - to the ICU Tuesday night - regular room on Friday morning (some issues with the steroids kept me in ICU a little longer than planned) and then home Sunday morning.  Brief readmission the following Tuesday to Wednesday - against my wishes - after passing out twice on my floor and giving myself a nice black eye.  Once again, steroid related.

My doctor said most of his patients stay about 5 days total, but if I felt like going home after 3, that was okay, and if I felt like I needed 30, that was fine too.  If the food was better, I might have taken him up on the offer for a month off - lounging in bed with the remote and having my meals served to me...and I had a beautiful view of the Nashville skyline.  Oh well, missed opportunity. 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

vcschaub

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2008, 07:45:57 pm »
I checked in at 6 am on a Tuesday, had surgery (4 hrs) that morning, spent the night in ICU, in a private room Wednesday and discharged on Saturday.
6mm
Middle Fossa November 8, 2005
Drs Brackmann and Hitselberger
House Ear

Kaybo

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 08:39:27 pm »
Back in the dark ages...I went straight to ICU from surgery b/c it was so late (OR for 14 hours).  I think I was in ICU for 4 days and regular room for about 3-4...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Tamara

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 05:13:53 am »
I went through a 17 1/2 hr surgery,

I don't even want to do anything I LIKE for 17 hours...I don't know how they do it!

Tamara
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

oHIo

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 05:22:07 pm »
Had 8 1/2 hour surgery on Thursday, went to NICU for the night.  To regular room on Friday and was to be discharged on Easter Sunday(day 3).  Developed CSF leak along with other complications.  Discharged on day 11, then back to the ER for another CSF leak from my lumbar drain site.  I'd definitely say not the norm, but then I've never been "normal" (whatever that is).

I'm seven weeks post op today and am doing well.  Each day gets better and better.

lacey7

• Prayer means everything to me.
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2008, 05:46:12 pm »
Best of luck to you, Nicole.
I will be praying for you tomorrow.
Let us know how it went, when you feel well enough to post.
Lacey
Diagnosed 4/15/08.
AN - 1.4 cm.  Translab surgery 6-26-08.  SPF leak 7-5-08, and went back into surgery 7 -6-08.
SSD left side, after surgery
Dr. LaRoure - Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI.

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 05:55:35 pm »
i had my surgery Dec. 3rd last year. i was in ICU for 2 days , which is what they told me , then in Advanced care for 1 day, and regular room for 1 day. making it 4 days total.

They had said 4 days minimum usually 5 to 6 days total here In Houston.

Hope this helps

Steve W.
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 06:24:22 pm »
My ordeal......

1st surgery for shunt installation I was in about 2 weeks due to complications ( had to have the surgery done twice and went into a coma from a bad reaction to morphine). I had a month off between the shunt procedure and the tumor resection.

I was in surgery for the tumor resection 15.5 hours. I was in ICU for two days. Spent two weeks in the hospital neuro ward. Spent another week in a rehab hospital. Wow!

I can relate to Satman!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 06:31:27 pm by Crazycat »
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2008, 07:04:47 pm »
ICU 4 days ... "normal" room 3 days .. on hospital campus hotel 7 days ...
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2008, 07:26:36 pm »
Joe!!! Missed you at the brunch. Next time!!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.