Author Topic: This Week 9/19/10 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 2342 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 9/19/10 in the AN Calendar World
« on: September 23, 2010, 02:23:13 pm »

This is going to be a bit winded, sorry.

Some of you may remember that the company Scarlett and I worked for was leaving for Mexico, and that as a result we would be losing our jobs.  Well it happened, for Scarlett last December, and for me the end of May.  Since then I have been jumping through hoops putting together a Training Proposal for Uncle Sam, to go back to school for retraining in a new career as a Certified Bookkeeper.  I started school three weeks ago.  It is an extremely accelerated course.  Scarlett and I had taken accounting 1 & 2 fifteen years ago, though I don’t remember 99% of it.  In the last three weeks I have completed accounting 1, and half of accounting 2, each of which took a full semester fifteen years ago.  The classes are intense, and the studying is never ending.

Continuing the “This Week _____ in the AN Calendar World” after LADavid and Keri has been a great way to express our best wishes, thoughts, and prayers.  Many of you have said how much you liked the thread, some many times over, and I have greatly appreciated your very kind words.  However, the schooling has proved to be quite a handful.  Although I will be popping in here and there, this will be my last Weekly post.

I thought that I could do both.  I was sadly mistaken!

Hugs to you all,

Rich

LAST WEEK:

Scott (TR4guy) we are very sorry that you had CSF leakage after your 9/14 translab surgery, though very happy that it has been stopped and can now put that behind you.  We are sending good vibes your way that you will have a swift recovery without any future complications.

(Funnydream), it is truly unbelievable that your 9/16, and 9/22 rescheduled dates for surgery were both cancelled.  We’re very sorry and wish that there was something we can say to make you feel better.   With your surgeon being in surgery all night, you really didn’t want him operating on you without a good nights sleep.  You made the right decision!

THIS WEEK:

This week is birthday week ;D ;D

Monday 9/20 Brian (Pooter) turns….well…sorry Brian your blogspot gives it away 8)

Friday 9/24 Nani will turn twenty five.

Saturday Jan (leapyrtwins), you’ll be turning 26 right ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, hope you each had/have a wonderful day ;D ;D

Donnalynn (donnalynn) we will continue to keep you, Jim, and Vanessa in our thoughts and prayers that one day you can all look back at this as just a horrible dream.

Soundy (Soundy) we will keep you, your dad, and brother in our thoughts and prayers as well as, that his health improves also.

We know that recovery is different for everyone, and that “the new normal” is also different for each individual, but we continue to hope and pray that with every day that goes by, your recovery goes a little smoother, and that your new normal feels more normal.

Have a wonderful week everyone,

Rich & Scarlett

This is a list of people that I have kept an eye on for updates after their procedure(s).

20acrewoods’ husband
Marla
Adam (gte025u)
(venice68).
Crystal (brayty22) had AN surgery 4/20/10.
Francisco (Frank951) had retrosigmoid surgery 5/18.
Thursday 6/3 Cathy (chatty cathy) in TX.
Tuesday 6/15 Mark (Turnip) had retrosigmoid surgery.
Friday 6/18 (dhsgbb) had AN surgery.
Monday 6/28 Lauren (laurenfor29) had translab surgery.
Wednesday 9/14 Susan (sloxana) had AN surgery.
Thursday 9/16 Kathleen Anna (kathleen anna) had translab surgery.
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 9/19/10 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 03:02:14 pm »
Rich and Scarlett ~

I'm very sorry to learn about your job losses but I trust the retraining you're currently involved in will prove useful in helping you establish a new career.

Our collective appreciation for the weekly updates continues.  You voluntarily assumed a task that no one else seemed to want and did it well, so kudos to you - and don't you dare apologize for needing to stop so that you can finish your very necessary re-training, which I know you'll successfully complete.  Now, get back to your homework!  ;)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Lizard

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 11:54:36 am »
Jim and Scarlett,
Good luck with your classes and thank you for taking a moment to update...
Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Keri

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 12:55:13 pm »
Wow Rich, I hope all works out for you and Scarlett.  I havne't been on in a while. I remember back when I did the updates for a short time. I loved doing that and learning about people and what was going on but it was more than I could keep up with as well. And you've done a great job of it.
I hope you like your new career path. I hope Scarlett's isn't as stressful and difficult. I need to read around on the forum to try to catch up with everyone.
We all do appreciate the updates and all that you've done and I wish you both well. I hope you and Scarlett can keep up with us from time to time. I imagine you'll still go to those great brunches!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 06:22:24 pm »
Rich -

didn't realize that both you and Scarlett are unemployed; joined those ranks myself just a few weeks ago after 24 1/2 years at the same company  :o  Hope things get better soon. 

Thanks for keeping us all updated on the calendar - I log on to the Forum frequently, but for some reason rarely access the calendar, so it's nice to know what's going on from reading your posts.

Nani was 25 today??  Please don't tell me Pooter is under 40 also  ::)  I'm on the eve of my 49th birthday even as we speak  ;D  Am looking forward to that little slice of birthday cake with the candle in my profile tomorrow.  I just love that little piece of cake  :D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 04:05:42 pm »
Wow.. just saw this... Thanks for the mention, Rich..

Jan, I ain't sayin a word.  :)  Happy (belated) birthday!  :)  I've been super swamped...

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager