Author Topic: Second MRI / Second tumor  (Read 1903 times)

DavidF

Second MRI / Second tumor
« on: February 10, 2012, 11:36:50 pm »

I got my my second MRI (~7 months after CK).  The tumor showed some swelling, and the center of the tumor is showing some darkening.  I've heard that swelling can occur, but I was a little surprised by the amount of swelling as tumor increased from ~1.1cm x 0.7cm to 1.5cm x 0.9cm.  Only ~ 7 months since CK surgery so hopefully it will get better.  Feeling pretty good with no new or worsening symptoms.

However, I was told the MRI showed another tumor, which was located close to the 5th cranial nerve, which is related to facial sensation.  It is small 0.3cm round and I do not notice any symptoms of differences to facial sensations as this time.  Doctor was not overly concerned about it other than the need to continue to monitor.   Still a little unnerving to know there are two tumor growths in my head and symptoms to monitor.

I'm moving to Sydney Australia so will need to pick up care and MRI monitoring with new doctor.
March 2011 - Sudden severe loss of hearing in right ear. 
April 2011 -  Diagnosed with 1.1cm x 0.7cm AN
June 2011 - CyberKnife procedure (3 doses) in South San Francisco Kaiser
January 2019 - AN has regressed in size by half

Silver Sonnet

Re: Second MRI / Second tumor
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 09:10:24 pm »
David, rotten news :(   

I have friends in Australia--very different medical system than ours.  Have you made sure you'll be able to get the care you need there?