Author Topic: 3 Months Post op Middle Fossa  (Read 57 times)

dcicala

3 Months Post op Middle Fossa
« on: April 22, 2024, 08:15:41 am »
I had Middle Fossa back in January 2024 for a 1cm tumor that was affecting my balance nerve. Since surgery I had facial paralysis, but that mostly cleared up after about 1 1/2 months. I also have moderate to severe loss of hearing accompanied with sound sensitivity on the tumor side. I pick up high pitch sounds and in crowded areas like restaurants I have to wear an ear plug.  That started 2 months after surgery, and when that started I began to get light headed and dizzy again and severe headaches. They have me on a second course of steroids which has helped with the headaches, but nothing with the hearing still. Has anybody else experienced this and do you have any recommendations for the sound sensitivity? Any input would help, thank you.

emcee16328

Re: 3 Months Post op Middle Fossa
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 07:34:07 pm »
I have not had a treatment yet but probably radiation in the next couple of months.  I am going through the process at Mayo - Jacksonville. 

Currently I have SSD and am wearing a Phonak Cros hearing aid.  I have become very sensitive to certain sounds such as dog barking or pots banging.  in loud environments I find myself turning my hearing aid down or off.  If I go to someplace with music I bring ear plugs.  Sometimes it seems that it is actually easier to hear with ear plugs.

This week I am seeing the audiologist at Mayo.  My previous audiologist said sound sensitivity "sometimes that happens" and had no advise or explanation.  I don't think I have found the "right" audiologist yet. 

I'll post and update