Author Topic: Washington DC/ Baltimore doctors  (Read 1905 times)

cedmonds

Washington DC/ Baltimore doctors
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:49:38 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good Neurotologist in the DC or Baltimore region? I'd like to get a second opinion from a top doctor for my AN.

Thanks,

Cheryl

caryawilson

Re: Washington DC/ Baltimore doctors
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 08:13:08 pm »
John Hopkins.. only two neurosurgeons work on ANs.. Dr. Lim and Dr. Tamargo. I've never met Tamargo but I had a great experience with Dr. Lim.
4.5 cm, 17.5 hour modified retro surgery
John Hopkins: Lim / Carey
Complete Facial Paralysis
Facial Plastic Surgeon (amazing): Dr. Boahene

mrwva17

• Romans 5:8
Re: Washington DC/ Baltimore doctors
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 08:09:14 am »
Hello, I am in wait and scan mode for now diagnosed in January. I just saw Dr. Raphael Tamargo yesterday at Johns Hopkins. I found him to be pleasant, easy to speak to, and perfectly at ease with his abilities and expertise.

Most of all I was very grateful that at no point did he push for me to do anything at this time except wait because my tumor is small. He advised AGAINST any action at this time because the risks would outweigh benefit in his opinion. He told me to gather information during this time so that, should I need treatment in the future, I will be prepared to make a decision. Then he simply suggested follow up MRI at 6 months and go from there.

Having nothing to do with the doctor at all, if you go to see a doctor at Johns Hopkins, leave plenty of time to get there. There is quite of bit of traffic and construction going on in Baltimore City right now. At least the way my GPS took me.

I felt in good hands while there. I hope that helps.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 12:00:50 pm by mrwva17 »
4mm X 1.2cm at initial dx 1/17/17
Increasing balance issues since 6/17