Author Topic: Chlesea update  (Read 5979 times)

CROOKEDSMILE

Re: Chlesea update
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 06:13:29 pm »
Praying that God will ease her pain and please let her know that the facial paralysis does getter better with time. Bless her.
Angie

moe

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2009, 09:45:26 am »
Michelle,
Thanks for the update. The headaches will hopefully get better in time, as the facial problems. Sorry to hear about that.

She sounds so strong and positive, I'm sure she'll breeze through whatever it takes to get her feeling and looking better this time around. As you know, just gotta get through the setbacks which you have dealt with to the maximum degree in the past.

Keeping her and you and your family in my thoughts and prayers for a nice steady recovery.
Take care of yourself too ;)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

chrissmom

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2009, 02:26:26 pm »
Michelle,

Thanks  for the update.  I've been on pins and needles waiting to hear how Chelsea was doing.  As you know, Chelsea means alot to us.  I'm glad they got the rest of the tumor this time. Maybe the facial nerve will respond soon.  You have an excellent team of doctors and I'm sure they'll handle anything that comes up.   Chris went thru the swallowing problem too but it does resolve itself. I hope the headaches are a thing of the past.  Keep the updates coming, if possible, and if you need to compare notes...we're here.

Tell Chelsea we are cheering for her...

Rita

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009, 04:29:18 pm »
Michelle,
May I offer you some words of encouragement as I know that at this point in my recovery my mother and dad could have used alot of it as they were worried sick. I also had the feeding tube as my swallowing reflex was completely paralyzed and all swallow studies showed that it wasn't working at all and I even choked on my own saliva and the doctors would not even allow me to have ice chips in my yuck, dry mouth for 3 months. It was all I could do to brush my teeth without aspirating on the liquid. 3 months later after many failed swallow study tests I PASSED and the tube came out! I also had 6/6 complete facial paralysis with a facial nerve that would not respond to stimulation during surgery and with a grim diagnosis for improvement. I am 2 years post op on July 5, 2005 and I have current pictures posted somewhere. I am now at a 2/3 house brackmann and just now able to blink on my own although I still wear my external weight for extra help. I am still exercising those face muscles to get them stronger. Don't let her think it is hopeless. It's not. Another thing on her side is her young age. Although it is AWFUL that such a young girl has to go through all of this her age will play a huge factor in her recovery as we all know that younger bodies and minds heal quicker than us (shhhhhhhhhh...) 40 year olds...yes I'm almost there. Yikes. It is even documented in many facial nerve recovery studies that age, nutrition, intact facial nerve vs. cut facial nerve, etc. are things to consider when looking at recovery. She has been through sooo much and as I sit here and read your post it takes me back to when I was in a similar place. It instantly made my heart race as I read your posts.  I really thought my life was over. I was 38 with two little kids. My vocal cord paralyzed, my swallowing paralyzed, my face paralyzed.......I felt ruined and worthless. Today 2 years later I am in a happy place and feeling much better. It wasn't a cakewalk as you already know since this is her second surgery but with the love of my family and kids I emerged from a very dark, suicidal grim life to a beautiful happy and God-filled life. My hopes for you and your daughter are that through your times of tribulations that it will bring you even closer and that someday she will look back on ALL of this and say...."whew. Glad that's over." I know that God has a special plan for this girl of yours and he knows that she has the will and determination to conquer this thing. I sit here and wipe away tears because writing this brings up so many emotions for me personally and tears for what you and your daughter must feel right now. It isn't fair I know....I asked a thousand "why me's" but REMEMBER....God has a plan. Stay strong, stay focused, take baby steps, have faith, have patience......sorry for that nasty, curse word......I hate that word and continue to be the GREAT mother that Chelsea is so blessed to have. Keep us updated and I will continue to pray for her recovery.

I remember how yummy it tasted to have flavored lip balm.........it was the closest thing to food that I could have. Go get her every flavor you can find. It will be a nice treat trust me!
Angie
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:32:21 pm by CROOKEDSMILE »

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2009, 06:12:56 pm »
Please update us when you can.
Angie

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009, 05:06:02 pm »
You're not alone.
Angie

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2009, 09:21:32 pm »
thanks for the update . i hope her progress continues for the best
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

Kaybo

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 09:44:13 pm »
Michelle~
We prayed for Chelsea and YOU too in our Bible class today...

Hope things are going OK.
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2009, 05:06:34 am »
Michelle

Please know that you, Chelsea and the rest of you family are in my prayers.  Especially since she is so young, I hope she has a full reocvery.  Please keep us posted on Chelsea's progress.

Best wishes,
Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 05:46:40 am »
keeping those wellness wishes coming Chelsea's way!  If anything any of us have learned over the past years, its her resilancy (did I spell that rite? :) ) and hoping each day becomes easier and easier for her... Michelle, thank you, as always, for keeping us updated and hope you are getting rest as well.

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

robynabc

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 08:05:03 pm »
Sweetie,

Both to you and Chelsea, 

Eric and I both are thinking of you.  I am glad it is over and you know it takes time to start recovering the nerves.  I wish there was more I can do but you know as a mother  I completely understand,  and Eric understands the swallowing issues.  I think it makes him feel grateful for his own situation.  Our thoughts are with you and I wish I could do more.  And I know in a few months you will both look back at this time and think remember how I was back then, and how much better it is now! 

Peace, Robyn
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:10:08 am by robynabc »
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

robynabc

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 09:20:21 am »
Has anyone heard how Chelsea is doing.  I think of her and her mom often. 

Thanks. 
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

epodjn

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 01:54:48 pm »
I was just wondering that earlier this week. I hope she's ok. does anyone know?
Left side 3.2cm AN/FN removed 12/8/08 Dr's. Shelton and Reichman. SSD, facial paralysis,taste issues, lateral tarrsoraphy 6/25/09,scheduled for eye and nasal valve surgery 6/22/11 life is GOOD!

suboo73

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 02:07:33 pm »
I am thinking of Chelsea, her mom and her extended family, too.
More thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 05:22:08 pm »
Michelle,

I hope and pray for Chelsea.

Too young o go throuigh all this crap. It's unfair!

lotsa hugs and staff

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz