Author Topic: I became a advocate for the coclear company "BAHA Volunteer"  (Read 2071 times)

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
I became a advocate for the coclear company "BAHA Volunteer"
« on: April 24, 2009, 02:02:36 pm »
People need to know that there is something out there for them if they are hard of hearing or have SSD. I wish I would have known about this earlier in my life.  :) Too many times I have gone to an EMT or Audiologist and they have said well you have one good ear nothing we can do for you. Not knowing that there was. So I have decided to tell as many people as I can that there is something out their to check it out. Well that and they will see it on my head  :D . There is a coclear community site on http://www.cochlearamericas.com/ check it out if you have not already. And I think it is a crime that people are fighting with their insurance companies to get this when this would be a big benefit for their lives. It is always about money instead of quality of life I hate here that. I bet CEO of insurance companies if they were SSD or hard of hearing that they would be covered. Well That is am 2 cent at least.
:) BORN IN THE GOOD OLD USA :)
SSD on right side since 1974
BAHA surgery on 4/21/09 Dr. Carla Lawson
BP100 turn on date 8/13/09

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: I became a advocate for the coclear company "BAHA Volunteer"
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 03:11:31 pm »
Mike -

thanks for the info.

I filled out all the paperwork that came with my Divino and said I'd love to be an advocate, but then never heard anything back from Cochlear America.

Guess I'll just have to join their online community.

See you there  ;D

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 03:22:02 pm »
 ;D

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 07:44:35 pm »
Well, Mike, I finally found time to take your advice and signed up as a volunteer on the Cochlear website.

Today I received my volunteer tool kit - kind of like a training kit - and a baseball hat that has the Cochlear name and logo and the phrase "Making a difference . . . one ear at a time"

Now I'll have to decide which hat to wear to the symposium - the knit one from Steve or the one from Cochlear.  Maybe I'll just alternate  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

mikjul1

• Baha blog.
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 08:05:50 pm »
Congrads Jan  ;D