Author Topic: 6 months post op!  (Read 5350 times)

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
Re: 6 months post op!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 02:47:31 pm »
This is actually good news!   I enjoyed reading your update on the blog.   Hoping all goes well with the MRI report!!

DID you ever try to get one of the tear duct plugs?   It sure saved me from having to buy all the eye drops.   I don't have optical insurance, but it was covered under my regular insurance because there was an 'issue'.   

Stilll wishing you the best everyday!
Denise
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 02:51:48 pm by Denise S »
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

opp2

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 08:33:49 pm »
Nikki, I was wondering if your taste and sensation in your mouth are still normal, or were they impaired at any time? I hope it's ok to ask, and if it bothers you don't answer. I'm still waiting for surgery, but I have lots of trigeminal pressure so I don't feel much on the left side, or taste much of anything anymore.

I am just wondering if there is a chance this will improve over time.

You are such an inspiration. My little ones are 5 and 7. Its almost like living it over again to see your wee ones...I remember those days...
Diagn Apr 14 2009 with 2.5 cm lt AN. - numbness in the face and sudden onset headaches accompanied by balance issues. Consults with Drs in S Ontario, California (House) and Vancouver. Picked Dr. Akagami in BC.
Retrosigmoid July 6, 2010, 3.0cm by then. SSD left, no other significant side effects.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 10:52:51 pm »
Heyyy Nicki! Congrats on the six month mark.  I was just thinking back to my own journey and at the beginning after my surgery I was measuring my milestones in days...then it slowly became weeks and now it's months.  Kind of like having children, eh? :) Anyways, you sound very upbeat and that's a very good thing! Continue to be happy and healthy!!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Nickittynic

• Bug in the Brain Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 12:41:03 am »
Denise - I did get a tear duct plug, actually. I love it! Before I got i my eye burned constantly, and it's been much better since then. Just this week it's starting to burn again, but I'm wondering if that's related to the high pollen counts we've had here in MD recently.

Opp2 - Sure it's okay to ask. Heh, I put my progress out there on a blog for the whole world so clearly I'm not shy. :p
Anyway, my mouth had a tingly, kind of burnt feeling for maybe 2 months post op, but not preop. The left side of my face altogether was weirdly tingly, too, like it was asleep. That started a little bit preop, but was really noticable postop. That also was like 2-3 months before I didn't really notice it. Taste has been pretty normal the whole time, thank goodness! Of all the possible side effects of surgery, that was one that worried me.  :P I've gone though some periods where I wasn't so interested in food, but that was more mood related than anything else.
25 year old OBGYN nurse, wife, mother of two
5.5cm x 3.1cm left side AN removed via retrosigmoid 9/09 @ Hopkins
SSD, Tinnitus, Chronic Migraines, Facial paralysis (improving!)
Resolved - Left sided weakness, Cognitive issues
Gold weight, upper and lower punctal plugs, tarsorrhaphy