Author Topic: Newly Diagnosed  (Read 6510 times)

amymeri

Re: Newly Diagnosed
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2006, 01:57:49 pm »
Lisa

If you have been having trouble getting pregnant, that might point even more strongly to meningioma since they have a hormonal link and they often interfere with pregnancy or grow faster during pregnancy.

Just a thought.  With a meningioma the chances you will lose your hearing is much less.  It was strange for me to go into surgery feeling good and knowing that I was going to be worse off even though the tumor was gone. My husband whispered, "I love you" in my right ear before I was wheeled off, so that's the last thing I heard in that ear.

We stayed home for surgery, also, because I thought it would be easier.  But my surgeons came highly recommended and were trained by the House Clinic and Brigham and Women's.

Check out menigiomamommas.org and read the founder, Liz's, story about pregnancy and her turmor.

I wish you luck!

Amy :)
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

cinnamon

Re: Newly Diagnosed
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 03:11:24 pm »
Thank you Amy for the information.

I had never even considered this tumor a factor. We have be doing artificial insemination and just trying to understand the reasoning. My fertility doctor doesn't even know about this tumor yet. After the 4th time of trying AI, I broke down emotionally and decided to take a break. Then what do you know- I found out about this tumor. I am hoping to get more information from my ear surgeon this week. See, the other ear surgeon is the one that suspects meningioma. You really give me some hope that this may be playing a big factor in me not conceiving. That was such an interesting story about Liz. I had no idea the 2 were even linked. I have lots more questions for my doctor now. Thank you.
2.0 cm tumor removed suboccipital on 07-20-06
Left side facial paralysis and deaf ear. Just now researching hearing aid after 6 years!