Author Topic: question?  (Read 2352 times)

peggy43

question?
« on: May 14, 2012, 06:43:23 am »
Hi I wonder if I can ask ofr your help again? My GP has now requested an urgent appointment at the ENT clinic so I am waiting for a date. In the meantime I cannot get rid of this feeling of being travel sick all the time. I also have a permanent headache on the same side as my tinitus, which is so loud now it keeps me awake. I wondered if anyone has any suggestions as to what can help these type of symptoms whist I am waiting for my appointment. I have had betahistamine but that has stopped working now.
Thankyou
Peggy

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: question?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 06:59:22 am »
Peggy .....

I am not a doctor, but my recommendation would be to limit your salt intake and drink lots of water to keep your total body hydrated and your kidneys assisting you in maintaining a good fluid balance.  I would also try to at least cut back on caffeine, if you drink very much coffee/tea/colas.  At the same time, I would call my doctor's office and get approval for doing either of those things.  You may not be able to reduce your salt or caffeine if you have other underlying medical concerns.

Thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Re: question?
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:33:35 am »
Peggy,

I am not a doctor either. But I would second Clarice's opinion. Inform your doc when and if you decide to self limit any intake of normal intake and tell him why you have done so, because the drug you have been taking is no longer effective.

Also check with a licensed pharmacist about the effects of caffiene or stimulants on your system combined with the drug you were taking.

I, personally, have limited the amount of sugar and caffeine in my own system and I have found it does wonders for me. Purified bottled water does wonders to help flush the system. Little changes may help you sleep better! Meditating helps too!

Mike

Please feel free to come here and discuss frustrations though!
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!