Author Topic: Help required wrt advice on constant Tinnitus  (Read 2596 times)

LadySophocles

Help required wrt advice on constant Tinnitus
« on: January 27, 2014, 06:50:02 am »
Hello everyone,

I am new here.  Turning 29 next week and have been suffering from Tinnitus all my life that comes and goes for spurts of 10 seconds at a time...

UNTIL

Last year August I fell ill with an inner ear infection which I didn't know I had until it developed into vestibular neuritis.  (this is what the Neurologist explained to me after two/three days of investigation) as I had a seizure, which led to vertigo, parasthesia on my face and over my body as well, nystagmus and racing heart (we thought I had a heart attack or something, this all happened at my office and was taken to hospital) 
Doctor ruled out epilepsy and treated me for vestibular neuritis, as well as giving me the brand new title of Meniere's Disease.

(let it be known, on top of this, I have bipolar disorder, and take medication for it-Epilim, and Efexor- these medications have never caused this before, just incase someone was wondering whether I was on any chronic meds)

Since my release in August last year, I then suffered from permanent Tinnitus, and no other symptoms from Meniere's Disease.  It's pretty loud and driving me nuts.  I am also a musician part time (pitch perfect hearing) the Tinnitus is incredibly loud and annoying - like a high pitched beep/hertz reading - the perfect way to duplicate the sound -what I here constantly is this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igGroIcga3g  10000 hertz and 7000 hertz at the same time.

It is slightly increased in volume when I move eyes left or right. (gaze evoked tinnitus?) 

So now, I have been searching for information on this, how to decrease this ever 24hour ongoing pain that sometimes wake me in the middle of the night... and came across this website for Acoustic Neuroma. 
Now my next question: has anyone experienced something like what I have experienced, and have you had a Neurologist perhaps miss an Acoustic Neuroma on an MRI and just left it at vestibular neuritis? Anyone got any advice for me? I am pretty desperate.  It's driving me crazy.  I feel like blowing me head off :(

I look forward to any advice or suggestions.

Kind regards
Me.

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: Help required wrt advice on constant Tinnitus
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 11:36:39 am »
I can't imagine what you are going through with those kinds of noises. I have tinnitus on both sides. Left side 10 years, not AN related. Right side 2 years, AN related. Both sides very low volume and easily ignored.

It's rare that an MRI with contrast would miss an AN unless the AN is so small that it just happens to fit between the MRI "slices."

Check out the American Tinnitus Association website for good information about tinnitus.

http://www.ata.org/

3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0