Author Topic: Vertigo and cold sores post radiosurgery  (Read 1875 times)

Anomar11

Vertigo and cold sores post radiosurgery
« on: November 14, 2013, 07:02:37 pm »
Hi everyone,
Just curious.  Is there any one who gets cold sores (herpes simplex I) that has experienced increased wonkiness or frank vertigo with an outbreak.  I'm 5 years post CK and I've just experienced a second episode of vertigo in 6 months coinciding with an outbreak of cold sores. (Cold sores on same side as AN).  May be a coincidence but I don't think so.  I think the virus goes to my weakened vestibular nerve and raises cain.  I'm going to start taking daily l-lysine and maybe keep an antiviral on hand to take at the first sign.  No fun - a couple days spinning some vomiting, then wonky headed and tired for some days after that.  The ENT I saw in June said this is usually caused by a virus and that antivirals and steroids aren't proven, but they couldn't hurt so he prescribed them for me.  I do believe the steroids helped tame it down faster.  Otherwise doing well.  Thanks for any replies.
L An diagnosed 5/08 2.0 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm.  Cyberknife Stanford Drs Chang and Gibbs Nov '08.  One yr: 2.1 x 1.4 x 1.6, Two yr: 2.2 x 1.5 x 1.8, Three yr: 1.9 x 1.5 x 1.5, Four year 1.6 x 1.1 x 1.1, Six yr: 1.4 x .7 x .9