Author Topic: This Week 10/11 in the AN World  (Read 2223 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 10/11 in the AN World
« on: October 11, 2009, 12:34:43 pm »
There were a few events I’d like to mention that didn’t make it on to the AN Calendar for last week.

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to Doc (DoctorB) who had his gold weight implant surgery on Oct. 7 just nine weeks after AN surgery, and one day after celebrating his wedding anniversary.  Doc we’re glad your surgery went so well, and that you were able to blink immediately.  Hopefully the bruising, swelling, and leaking will improve swiftly.  Doc, don’t forget to add your MRI to the AN Calendar.

Congratulations to Nancy (NancyMc), celebrating six months since her AN surgery.  We’ll miss you at the Brunch.  Hope you enjoy your trip to Ireland.

Congratulations Keri on completing your fisrt full marathon since your surgery, and you beat last years time too :)

Monday is Columbus Day here in the U.S.A. and Thanksgiving Day in Canada.

Happy Birthday to Brenda (Brendalu), one our cherished Hero Members.  We hope you have a wonderful day.

Wednesday:
Happy Birthday Joe (Joef), one of our treasured Global Moderator Hero Members, we hope you have a great day, and look forward to meeting you at the Brunch.

Sharon (Sharonov) is having endosopic surgery.  We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a successful, uncomplicated surgery, and a speedy recovery.

Keith (keithb) is having BAHA surgery, it has been 12 years since his AN surgery in 1997.  Keith we hope your surgery is a success, you’ll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Ronnie (Ronnie) is having translab surgery after 2 ½ years W&W.  You will be in our thoughts and prayers that you have a successful surgery, and that your recovery is swift and uneventful.

Last week:
Congratulations Marianna on a stable MRI.
We don’t know yet how Melissa’s BAHA surgery went.  Hopefully everything went okay.

Best wishes to those of you in the recovery stage of you’re AN Journey.  

Rich & Scarlett
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:48:00 pm by Rich56 »
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Keri

Re: This Week 10/11 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 01:29:53 pm »
Thank you, Rich for the updates and marathon kudos.

Have a great birthday, Joe and Brenda!

Sharon, I hope your surgery goes really well and your recovery is smooth.
Ronnie, I hope your translab goes well with and your side effects are minimal.  Since you've been waiting a while, I hope you're at peace and ready to go.

Keith, I hope the BAHA process goes well. After being SSD for so many years, I hope the BAHA proves to be a great decision!

Nancy, have a great trip and visit with JB!

Have a great Thanksgiving, our friends in Canada like Adrienne, Jo, and others.

If you're a banker or government worker, enjoy your Columbus Day off tomorrow!

Have a good week everyone,
Keri

1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 03:20:01 pm »
Rich ~

Thanks again for your diligence in assembling and posting the week's AN 'events'.

To Sharon and Ronnie, both undergoing AN removal surgery this week, (Sharon is having endoscopic surgery) know that our good vibes and many prayers will be with you. 

Best wishes to Keith (keithb) on his upcoming BAHA surgery.  Better late than never.  ;)

Congrats to Doc (DoctorB) on his successful gold weight implant.  That it had a positive, immediate effect is great!  May the bruising & swelling heal quickly.

Happy Birthday to Brenda (brendalu) and my fellow moderator, Joe (Joef) who I'll also be seeing in a few weeks at the Northeast AN brunch in Worcester, Massachusetts.

More congratulations to Keri on her successful marathon run.  Your indomitable spirit and level of recovery is awesome and, yes, inspiring. 

Kudos also to Nancy (NancyMc) on her 6-month surgery anniversary and bon voyage as she travels to the U.K.

I hope it's truly a Happy Thanksgiving Day for our Canadian members.  A tip of the knit cap (for those who are wearing one) on Monday, to Christopher Columbus as we celebrate his day of arrival, way back in 1492, in what would become America, land of the free and home of the brave.  Have a great week, everyone!  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 06:20:22 am »
thanks Rich! :)  BTW, since Joe is now attending the brunch, we need to scoff up his dumplin' quick..... or do we let him have it since its a burpday week for him? ;)

Wellness wishes to all!  Hippy birfday wishes to those getting MUCH older *looks at Joe playing Mafia War Game* ;) , congrats to those making great "strides" in life... wishing Happy Thanksgiving to all those north of da border... and for those recognizing Columbus Day (not me, I gotta work today), enjoy the day off! 

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"