Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 3811 times)

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2008, 08:06:06 pm »
I'm a little late, but better late than never!  Welcome to our little club, Carlita!  I'm sorry for what you've been through so far, but as you have shown and others have said, a positive attitude goes a long way!  I hope it gets better for you soon!  I also hope you find the answers to your questions and the support from people who have been there in this forum.  It's been a life saver for many people, including me!  Welcome!

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

glucosa

• Hello World!
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2008, 06:17:46 am »
Hello Carlita,
Thank you so much for inviting me to the forum. I have been reading the replies you have been receiving from the group.  Everyone seems to be very helpful.  I'm sure we will both learn a lot.  My hope is that we will make new friends by attending a support group and also by connecting with others through this forum.
Take care my dear friend,
Sasha
Sasha

wendysig

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2008, 09:04:27 pm »
Hi Carliita,
Sorry I'm late coming to this thread.  What a horrible ordeal you have been through!  I hope that you will soon start to see improvement with all your problems and that you continue to find this forum a place of solace and encouragement.

Wishing you all the best and sending healing thoughts your way,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2008, 11:31:11 pm »
Carlita and Sasha,

I think I posted once already to Carlita, but now I can welcome two at once. So welcome to the forum, both of you. Carlita, I have picked up your story through this post and a few others; now I am wondering about Sasha. Just a friend? Also an AN? If an AN, how are you doing? Just curious...

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2008, 09:05:59 am »
I was wondering about Sasha, too.

I'm guessing Sasha is a friend of Carlita's.  Friends are definitely welcome here - and it's a very nice gesture of friendship, I might add  ;D

Welcome to both of you!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

robynabc

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 12:38:49 am »
Hi sweetie,

You certainly have been through alot.  You will be amazed at this site.  These are some of the most wonderful people I have ever, ever met.  As I have said previously,  You guys are my heroes.  You certainly have my prayers and hope you feel better soon.  You will get unconditional love here.  It is amazing.

Peace and sending sunshine your way.

Robyn
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

carlita

• Used to be my smile...
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2008, 01:47:55 pm »
Thank you all for all the support. Yeah, sasha is my unconditional friend, the one who was with me when i was about to die. She used tot come to my roomevery morning to ask me what i want for breakfast, cuz hospital food sucks! You guys would be amazed of what she did for me, this was the angel GOD have sent me. When nurses were mean, she was there cuz i was scared and crying. You guys have no idea how mean nurses can be, they were a couple ones that treated me worse than an animal. Throw me on the bed, and didnt even give me my medication when i was in the ICU. But sasha was there with me, many time she also cried with me. Because pain was awful and she could see that i was in extremely pain with all those ivs on my arms, neck and even feet. But that is in the past and what i did kept was sasha, my angel sent from GOD :'(
Carlita :)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2008, 11:46:27 pm »
Carlita -

I'm glad you have someone like Sasha in your life.  We should all be so lucky  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

glucosa

• Hello World!
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2008, 12:54:10 pm »
Hello Steve and Jan,
Thanks for your warm welcome to the forum. I had not logged in for a few weeks, that's why I had not responded.
It's been a blessing from God to meet Carlita and have her as my friend.
She has been through a lot but we continue to pray for her recovery.  I'm also glad that she has the support of this wonderful group.
Take care,
Sasha
Sasha

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2008, 03:30:17 pm »
Welcome to both of you, Sasha and Carlita! This forum has been a lifeboat for alot of us even years after our AN treatments, especially those of us with lasting after-effects like facial paralysis, headaches and balance problems.
Please remember that no question or topic is too minute or silly to ask about and that folks here have been in your shoes many times over.

Surrounding yourself with people in the same boat helps keep you afloat!

Hugs,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW