Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

Vision/Brain - ability to read

<< < (2/5) > >>

gunns:
Well, I don’t know what I’m worried about. Sounds like you two have it worse than me. I can’t even imagine having my tumor grow back. My first annual MRI is in two months. Gotta wait and see. Getting in to see my doc soon I hope. Thanks for the input!

I’m not about to give up my workouts 4x a week. Been fighting a bad back for forty years and four operations. I’m a firm believer in use it or loose it. I use my guitar playing to keep my brain stimulated.

Patti:
thanks for your compassion. i feel like everyone expects me to be super-woman, including myself, but on a gloomy day like today, i wish my family and friends remembered that it probably takes a lot out of me just to function normally! pity-party at the moment!

gunns:
I understand Patti. People say they understand but they can’t understadstand unless they’ve been down our same road. They mean we’ll, bless them, but they can’t fathom what it takes out of us every day and we just keep chugging along. I went to an ANA meeting the other day and met a guy who had surgery a few years back. The tumor has returned an now he has a tumor on the other side as well. And I thought I was having it rough.

You take care Lady and try to focus on one day at a time and on the bad days try to focus on that which you can do. It’s what I try to do but fall short of on occasion.

Patti:
Thank you Gunn! Pity party didn't last long. I know i have an up-coming MRI and I become more aware of issues as the date of the MRI gets closer, so my thoughts tend to get a little more negative.  But one day at a time is a good thought for anyone!!!!!

gunns:
Wish you luck in your MRI. I’ll have to get one real soon. The doctors want one before I’m seen. Hope I can get in this week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version