Post-Treatment > Eye Issues

Vision/Brain - ability to read

(1/5) > >>

gunns:
I’m almost one year post op and I recently started having problems reading. I read a lot. It’s like I can’t recognize simple words. Sentences don’t make sense. It’s worse when I’m tired at the end of the day. And accompanied with a headache. If I look at the words long enough I finally recognize it. Again we’re talking about even simple every day words. My surgery was last July (2017) and I noticed this problem starting just two days ago. Something isn’t right and I’m beginning to worry. Has anyone else experienced this. I’m going to try and get in to see my doctor who did the surgery.

Patti:
good idea to see the doctor! what type of surgery?

gunns:
Retro sig. Lost all hearing AN side permanently, temporary slight facial palsy and dry eye better now. depth perception is off and balance seems to be getting worse.  I get so darn exhausted quickly. I may be 70 but I’m extremely active - backpacking the sierras, hiking, motorcycles dirt and street etc. But the reading thingie has me concerned.

extropy:
After my retrosigmoid surgery (July 2014, the VS was > 3.5 cm.) very often I don't understand jokes! And when I'm reading *sometimes* (but not often) I cannot understand the meaning of that phrase. I'm inclined to think it is lack of attention or concentration or focus or intuition. -serafino (Rome, Italy)

Patti:
Well, Gunn, I hope you get to a doctor! As far as exhaustion, I still get it, especially when i exercise or do long hikes or bike rides.  I have to keep it up though so my balance doesn't get worse. At least I have motivation to exercise! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version