Author Topic: Wendy's Surgery Update  (Read 22645 times)

mindyandy

• Loving Life
Re: Wendy's Surgery Update
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2008, 08:37:08 am »
Wendy you look GREAT!!!!! I'm so happy to hear the success!!!!!! I hope for a great road to recovery and back to normal!!!!!!  ;D
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

Tamara

« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2008, 08:53:46 am »
So sorry I'm VERY late to this thread but wanted to give Wendy a great big "'Atta Girl!"  I'm glad things went so well, and hope that life in Postie-land improves every day.

Tammy
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 08:59:17 am »
Wendy,

You look GREAT!!!!  I love the glasses ;D  I had the same look a few days ago.  Keep up the good healing and you will be home in no time.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

jerseygirl

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2008, 09:01:04 am »
Wendy, you look fabulous! Congratulations! Now take it easy and rest a lot. Your body will thank you for that.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

Kathleen5306

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 10:09:36 am »
Wow!  Wendy looks so great!  It is proof positive to see those photos and see her wonderful smile.  Great job and keep healing!

Kathleen
Right side AN 19 x 9 x 8 treated CK 2002
Stanford Dr. Chang and Dr. Gibbs
Total hearing loss and tinnitus
Tumor has grown since CK treatment
Measures 20 x 13 x 14 June 2008
Translab Surgery HEI 7/30/2008
Dr. Friedman and Dr. Schwartz

LADavid

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2008, 11:05:51 am »
Yea Wendy!  Congratulations.  And what a way to end up a successful week.  You look great.  Get plenty of rest and heal well and quickly.

And Jan, Kay and Lori -- triplets.  I have no doubt.  A new comedy routine.  The Marx Sisters. Or the three Stoogettes.  ;D

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

wendysig

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2008, 12:22:45 pm »
Hi all
Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes. And laughs I am feeling really well today. Dr choe says I had the densesed iac he's ever seen. I guess that means I have a hard head. Je also said I have a slight weakness on the right side but he believes it will be gone in a month. Jan lori and k - I thought we were quadruplets, ha ha. Kathleen - you have been on my mind because your surgery is so close at hand. Just keep breathing it helps. Debbi - thanks for being my secretary - you're doing a great job of keeping everyone posted. Everyone here loves my lucky scarf and slippers. That's it for now I will try to post again later

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

chocolatetruffle

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2008, 01:12:45 pm »
WOW! the pictures say a thousand words - you look really GOOD, looks like you are on the right road for a speedy recovery!!!

by the way, what procedure did you do as it seemed the stitches are in front of the ear?  anyway, the hardest part is now over, take it easy and keep healing physically, mentally and spiritually!  :D

chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan

sgerrard

« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2008, 01:18:01 pm »
What is that, 24 hours after surgery? I never imagined anyone could actually be grinning at that point. Great pics, love the bunny slippers. Take care.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2008, 01:26:18 pm »
Wendy!!!  You're back and posting!!  Rob's been doing a wonderful job of staying in touch, but it is so good to have you back.  Keep healing, my friend.  Your smile, btw, looks positively wonderful!

I am grinning as widely as possible for you.

Hugs to you,
Debbi - grinning nose to ear... :-\ :-*

PS - Where are Jan, Lori and Kaybo? 
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2008, 03:18:09 pm »
Hi, Wendy:

Thanks for posting - and for the entertaining photos.  It's so good to see a post-surgery AN patient sporting a big, wide smile.  You look good.  Of course, I join the chorus of well-wishers that look forward to your imminent return to regular posting as soon as you're healed enough to do so, say, in about 3 days or so.  ;)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lori67

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2008, 03:35:50 pm »
Wendy -

YOU LOOK GREAT!  I know you were hoping to join the rest of us with our unique pirate-like grins, but I guess it wasn't meant to be!   ;D

I think everyone should invest in a pair of bunny slippers - they seem to be truly lucky!  Steve, can you start knitting some right away?

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

JulieW4

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2008, 04:41:16 pm »
Wow Wendy.  I think you definitely have the BEST post op pics I've ever seen.  My smile is almost back to normal but I definitely didn't look that great so soon after surgery.  I agree with Lori that everyone needs some bunny slippers.  Kathleen you may want to get a pair before Wednesday. Plus, I love the scarf.  A much better look than my do-rag

Julie
2.7mm X 3.7mm AN
misdiagnosed for 13 years
complete hearing loss on right side
Had Translab surgery on June 30th, released from hospital 48 hours after completion of 5 hours of surgery
BAHA abutment surgery on Oct. 31st, received processor on Dec. 4th

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2008, 05:30:21 pm »
One final big smile of the day ... Here are a couple of pictures Rob just sent.  These were taken today and are pics of Wendy posting the message above from Rob's Blackberry.  Not only does she look amazing, but she is actually able to see the keyboard!   :D She is a Warrior!!!

Rob thiniks they'll release her tomorrow afternoon - I am sure she's anxious to get home.  I'm starting to wonder if she'll drive herself home...   ;D

Debbi, signing off for the day...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2008, 06:05:52 pm »
Sorry, I'm late today - was shopping for school supplies (yes, school starts on August 21   :o ), then took down the trampoline and put up a volleyball net.  My weekends are just too strenuous lately; can't wait to go back to work tomorrow   :D

But enough about me . . .

Wendy -

what a great idea to add you to our little comedy group; as David suggested we can call ourselves the Marx sisters.  I have to warn you though, we're going to make a very unlikely set of quadruplets.  K is blonde, Lori has brown hair, I have brown hair that is rapidly turning gray.  Plus, Lori is short and young, I am tall and old (or so Lori likes to tell me), and I can't speak for K (although I know she's younger than I am), etc.

You are one heck of an AN warrior!  And you are true to your word - a bunny slippers and a scarf picture!  ;D  You look fantastic - I don't think I even had both of my eyes opened this soon after surgery.  In fact, at this point in my recovery, I think I was only looking at everybody with one eye open due to my double-vision.

It sounds like you will be home soon and from there I think your recovery will get even faster - if that's possible.  There's no place like home  ;)

Lori -

great idea on Steve knitting slippers - we needed something to complete our "gift packs".  I'm thinking slippers will be just the right touch.

Debbi -

thanks for being an exceptional press secretary.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways