Author Topic: ANA Wine (or whine) Club  (Read 22481 times)

lori67

Re: ANA Wine (or whine) Club
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2008, 10:09:53 am »
Well, alright.... sigh... if I have to go to Italy to get you guys some wine.... sigh again...

Tell ya' what - if you pay for me to get there - the first bottle is on me!  Just keep in mind, I may not be coming home right away, so it may be very well aged by the time you get it.   :D

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Lorenzo

« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2008, 10:18:05 am »
I have a better idea, how about we ALL go to Italy, I'll play tour guide, we'll go to some vineyards and stay in some nice farmhouse accommodation with good food, and we'll just sample the wine there, on the spot. No point lugging all those bottles back. What d'ya say? Of course I'll charge a modest fee for my tour guide duties, a few bottles here and there to bring back with me...

Ciao e salute, Lorenzo
CK, Stanford, Drs Chang and Hancock, Dec 04,
doing great now.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2008, 10:23:33 am »
Sounds like a plan!!!  I've always wanted to do that.  Louie has a cousin that lives in San Remo and another that lives in Capri.  His cousin's wife here in Canada has her own travel agency, maybe she will gives us a good deal.   A group plan?

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Lorenzo

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2008, 10:25:43 am »
Go for it! I'll probably drive down, that I way I can fill the car with a year's supply of vino.

Capri for sure!! A must, and the whole Amalfi coast too while we're down there, and Naples, so we can have the best pizza in the world!

:)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 11:23:32 am by Lorenzo »
doing great now.

Dan

• Dan in Germany
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2008, 10:48:40 am »
Lori,

You and your husband could take a MAC(Military Airlift Command) flight to Germany and ride down with me or a direct flight to an Air Base in Italy the flights are probably still under $50 a seat.  Of course its space available and you may have to wait a few days for a flight.  There is a Base not far from Pisa and another I don't think is far from Venice. 
In Sept. I'm flying (not MAC)to Kos, Greece and they are also supposed to have some really good Greek Wines.

Dan in Germany
US Army Retired, age 51,  residing and working in Germany.
Retrosigmoid 21 Sept 07 left side 1.76cm AN, Prof. Mann, Uniklinik Mainz Germany

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2008, 11:52:00 am »
Lori -

Dan has a great suggestion here!  Do they let non-military personnel on these flights?  I'd be more than happy to go with you guys :D

Of course, there is always Lorenzo's tour.  This is seriously a great idea, Lorenzo  ;D  We should definitely do something like this!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Lorenzo

« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2008, 11:54:00 am »
ya, maybe we should have an Extreme East Coast AN group meeting!  LOL  Around a table in an Agriturismo in tuscany sampling some wines and eating roast suckling pig. Sounds good? I know just the place.

Ciao, Lorenzo
doing great now.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2008, 11:57:24 am »
Count me in!  I am fluent at ordering food and wine in Italian!  Okay, maybe "fluent" is too strong a word, but I am functional.  And, we have family in San Guiseppe (Vesuviano) and Sorrento...

Ah, I can already picture myself sitting on a nice piazza, sipping a brilliant rustic red wine and noshing on cheese and gelato...

Debbi, sighing with contentment
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Lorenzo

« Reply #83 on: June 27, 2008, 12:03:04 pm »
mamma mia, there might be something in this!  LOL  We could call it 'ANcora' meaning 'again' in Italian. This could become an annual event, different places, interesting food experiences, producers, etc etc...  Hemmm...

Ciao, Lorenzo
doing great now.

lori67

« Reply #84 on: June 27, 2008, 12:04:09 pm »
Fortunately for me, I am quite fluent at EATING the food!  Or should that be unfortunately?

Dan, we keep saying we're going to take advantage of the MAC flights, but we haven't yet.  One of these days....  Although, wouldn't it be a shame if I couldn't get a flight back right away and just had to say in Italy for a while?  Gosh, I would just hate that.

Hey, Lorenzo, if you're driving down - why don't we all come spend a few days at your place, then you can drive us all to Italy with you!  Do you have a big car?  You might want to get one.

Oh.... gelato....   :)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Lorenzo

« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2008, 12:10:44 pm »
Somehow I suspect we might need a bus...
doing great now.

lori67

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2008, 04:21:52 pm »
Good idea.  You should get a bus.  You wouldn't want us to be uncomfortable on the ride, would you?   :D

Kaybo

« Reply #87 on: June 27, 2008, 05:21:25 pm »
I don't have any relatives in Italy (thatI know of), I don't know anything about wine - except that I like to drink red and have no airline connections, but Dave & I are CERTAINLY in!!   ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Lorenzo

« Reply #88 on: June 27, 2008, 10:00:42 pm »
that makes 7 of us, mini bus. :)
doing great now.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #89 on: June 27, 2008, 11:01:00 pm »
Cool  8)

Now we just need a date for this adventure - oh, yeah, and some cash to finance it.

You're paying for all of us, aren't you, Lorenzo?

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways