Author Topic: sore scalp, ear pressure and headaches  (Read 5300 times)

derowland

sore scalp, ear pressure and headaches
« on: January 15, 2011, 04:34:36 am »
I just joined this group in search of answers to the problems I am having.  I had the Gamma Knife procedure done Nov. 9, 2010 at the Cleveland Clinic and still experience daily headaches, pressure in my AC ear and sore scalp.  Having moved to Florida since the procedure I am unsure what to do about it nor whom I should see.  The Dr. who did the procedure recommended I have another MRI done in March.  Should I consider having it done sooner.  So far I have been taking only Ibruprofin that doesn't seem to be helping much.  I'm happy to have found this support group.  I can take some solace in knowing I am not the only one suffering the after effects of Gamma Knife.

TJ

• 1.2 cm AN right side, CK November 2010
Re: sore scalp, ear pressure and headaches
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 11:46:37 am »
derowland

Although I am not a doctor those things you describe can often be side effects from the GK or CK.  I would want a doctor to check it out to make sure it is indeed side effects.

Good Luck

TJ

free2be

Re: sore scalp, ear pressure and headaches
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 01:42:37 pm »
Sorry you had to join us, but welcome.

The symptoms you describe do seem typical. You should be able to get some follow-up care from the doctors you used at the Cleveland Clinic even long distance. Many of us have had treatment away from home (myself included) and do consults via phone or e-mail. Sometimes the doctor prescribes a short round of steroids to reduce inflammation that can cause your symptoms. I've had ear pressure, head pain (with some scalp sensitivity from the nerves), and more since my CK in late Sept.

I would try contacting your docs there first and then perhaps find someone where you are that you can get some additional care through.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Connie
Diagnosed Nov. 2008 Right AN 7 mm x 9 mm
Incremental MRIs enhancing mass
June 2010 1.4 cm x 0.9 cm extension into the CP angle
Pre-CK Stanford measurements 1.6 X 1.1 cm
9/29/10 - 10/1/10 CK completed with Dr Steven Chang and Soltys, Stanford.
6-month thru three year (8/13) follow ups MRI: stable