Author Topic: The Race to Recovery  (Read 14443 times)

LADavid

Re: The Race to Recovery
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2008, 09:00:27 pm »
Hey Kate
Got a picture but I just don't know how to post it.  Anybody know how?

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2008, 09:09:02 pm »
David -

I'm trying to remember how I posted my BAHA "hat" picture.  Basically you write a reply and in the body of the reply (the text) you click on one of the little icons above the smiley faces.  The second one from the left - under the icon for italics.  The icon looks like a picture - and if you hover your mouse on it you will see that it says "insert image".

Once you click on that icon, you will see brackets with "img" inside them, followed by more brackets with "/img" inside them.  If you insert your picture's file name between the two bracketed "imgs" it should work.  Kind of confusing, I know.

I hope it works.  If if doesn't maybe someone else can explain it to you better.  I'm not at all computer literate  ;)

Good luck,

Jan
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 09:15:35 pm by leapyrtwins »
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 08:41:17 am »
David,

I agree with everyone. You have been so supportive! Your positive and realistic attitude is contageous. Thank you for being there and congratulations on the run!

Hugs n kisses from me too since it won't make you blush! :)

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

LADavid

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 09:41:59 am »
OK, I'm going to try this.  This is a picture of my daughter, Britannia and me in front of the Coliseum following the race on Saturday.

(David, I took a look at how you posted and "tweeked" the URL... if this is you 2, then all set. If you choose, on this post "modify", you will see how I did it... and make sure you do it on another line/paragraph. Phyl)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 09:46:21 am by ppearl214 »
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

LADavid

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2008, 09:43:54 am »
So that didn't work.  I'll look for another way.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2008, 09:46:54 am »
So that didn't work.  I'll look for another way.

another way found :)  all set! :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

LADavid

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 09:56:42 am »
Thanks, Phyl.  Don't know what computer stuff you did, but it worked.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.

MaryBKAriz

• Weldon (my ROCK!) and me
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2008, 09:59:36 am »
Great picture! You 2 are adorable! Thank you for posting photo! Congrats, again!

Mary
Diagnosed March 24, 2008, 1.1cm, right side, "Goldie" - small but mighty!! :-(
Hearing, lottsa balance problems and a few facial twitches before CK
CK June 2, 2008, BNI in PHX, Drs Daspit/Kresl, side effects,steroids helped. Getting "sea legs".
Apr 2012 - Still glad I chose CK

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2008, 10:42:40 am »
Gee David- what you described of you synkinesis on other posts I expected much worse. You actually look great! You can see the whites of your teeth when you smile… I cannot do that yet. The most symmetry I can get is through the Mona Lisa Smile.

The two of you look great! Way to go on the run. A photo to cherish forever…

Thanks for sharing.

Daisy Head Mazy
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

chelsmom

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2008, 11:02:35 am »
Hello David,

What a great picture.  You both look so happy. 

I though of doing the walk/race but was afraid that I wouldn't be able to find parking. I live out in the Redlands/Loma Linda area and knew I'd have to leave pretty early in the morning to get there, then the battle of parking.  Was that a problem?  I'm now thinking of getting a hotel room next year then I'd have more time to find my way to the starting line.  I've also been trying to get Chelsea to join me but so far she isn't interested.  She is doing well and has been running lately, playing soccer (which her neurosurgeon has now told her to stop due to her having an AV shunt), strength training and yoga.  It really is amazing how time can be the best healer. 

Congrats on not only completing the race but shaving off the 3 min.

Take Care,

Michelle

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2008, 11:19:20 am »
Thanks, Phyl.  Don't know what computer stuff you did, but it worked.

I waved my magic wand!  ;D

Glad to help. All parta my job! :)  Not sure if you saw my edit notes directly under the pic, but will repost here for ease of reference.  You would have to go back to the post that includes the picture to follow what I note below. And, btw... FAB pic! :)

(David, I took a look at how you posted and "tweeked" the URL... if this is you 2, then all set. If you choose, on this post "modify", you will see how I did it... and make sure you do it on another line/paragraph. Phyl)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 11:23:33 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2008, 12:17:57 pm »
Beautiful picture, David!

You guys look great  ;D

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2008, 12:34:12 pm »
Way to GO!  & Great Picture!!  AT least you can take good pictures and can't really tell the face problems (even though I know that doesn't really help you!).  That is the main reason I did the T3 so that my girlies could have some good family pictures with me having a more "normal" face!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2008, 12:37:44 pm »
Not to jump too far off topic here, but how are you doing, K?

I haven't had time to read your blog lately, so I kind of lost track.

Can you update us?

Maybe you could start a new subject.

Thanks,

Jan

lori67

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2008, 01:17:39 pm »
David -

Thanks for sharing the photo!  I think you look fantastic.  Your smile is much better than mine.  Good thing you're the actor and not me!    And your daughter is beautiful - but you already knew that.

I am so impressed by all the big accomplishments here lately!  We are a very resilient bunch, aren't we?

I'm planning on a 5K (my first one ever) next spring.  It'll be the 3rd annual memorial run for my nephew Aaron, who passed away when he was 10.  Couldn't do the first one last year because it was a couple of weeks after my surgery and couldn't make this year because I'd aready booked our trip to Arizona when I found out the dates.  I'm hoping to do a local one this fall to see how it goes....  I was thinking that maybe if they put Tom Selleck at the front, that would be incentive for me to run - maybe even more than 5K!  Kinda like the dangling carrot...

Again, congrats David! 
Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.