Author Topic: One for the Birds...  (Read 14732 times)

Cheryl R

Re: One for the Birds...
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 09:24:37 am »
I tried again and went into the site and was able to get it.      Before it automatically came up without having to dig for it.            I saw rhe little beaks too before Mama sat down.        Yeah!
                                        Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 09:46:40 am »
CONGRATULATIONS BRUCIFER...YOU ARE A GRANDPA!!!!
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Desilu

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 12:15:09 pm »
HI Bruce,

Someone please stop viewing Momma Cardnial! I can't get through to see her or the chicks! I promise that I'll only watch her for a minute or two. Thanks,  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 12:22:01 pm »
(sorry Ann... it's been minimized on my desk all day at work... me bad.... )

Bruce, make it Cuban Vanilla! :D

OMG! she's such a doting mom!  Everytime she tries to settle/sit in the nest to protect the babes and keep them warm, I think someone is "poking" her from underneath cuz then, she jumps up!  She's protecting them, keeping warm and OMG, she is feeding them in such a way, brings tears to my eyes. Oh, the joys of mother nature! Bruce, thank you (and the folks at camstreams) for sharing this with us! :)

Ok, baby announcement!

Momma Cardinal would like to annouce the arrival of twin... um... boys... girls... boy/girl...er... birds on (or about) June 20th in the early hours.  The twins weigh in at...er.... less an 2 oz(?) and are a length of.....er... .um..... petite.  Grandfather is Mr. Brucifer of GA and the twins have many aunts and uncles based on the AN Discussion forum website.  Momma and babies are healthy and fine

(gawd, someone else come up with one better, will ya?)

*runs back to goof off work and watch babies*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 12:43:19 pm »
OMG! she's such a doting mom!  Everytime she tries to settle/sit in the nest to protect the babes and keep them warm, I think someone is "poking" her from underneath cuz then, she jumps up!  She's protecting them, keeping warm and OMG, she is feeding them in such a way, brings tears to my eyes. Oh, the joys of mother nature! Bruce, thank you (and the folks at camstreams) for sharing this with us! :)

After spending the last few days being constantly "poked at" by my little ones I can feel for her lack of ability to rest.  Never any downtime for a new mom!  ;-)

Mama Cardinal and I both really need a nap.  Or perhaps I'm just projecting onto her a bit...   ;)

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 01:34:45 pm »
Grampy Bruce, oh, don't you dare apologize!  Give them a day or 2 and I'm sure folks will be turning down the volumes due to the chirping! :)  You have done a fabulous job and thank you SO much for sharing this with us all.... truly, you just rawk :)

Signed
Virtual NanaPhyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Desilu

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 03:21:56 pm »
Hi Bruce,

Thanks everyone for letting me get a chance to see Momma Cardnial! She is just so cute. I promise I will not stay on long so I can give others a chance to see her. Thanks again Bruce, this has been fun!  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa

BeJoi

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 05:03:42 pm »
Hi Bruce,

It is just amazing how instinctive birds are (as well as all animals)!  I've been watching her take care of her chicks for a few minutes.  I also can't believe that they hatched right on time.  Thanks so much Bruce for letting us all get a peak at mother nature's miracle.  I'll be watching over the next 10 days like everyone else.  By the way, it's around 7 pm, and I had no trouble logging on.

Beverly

Betsy

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 05:54:14 pm »
Thank you for sharing...it makes me smile every time!  Even with my old-fashioned dial-up, I could see little mouths wanting to be fed.  Amazing!

Betsy
15mm left side AN, diagnosed 4/25/07, radiosurgery via Trilogy 8/22/07.  Necrosis & shrinkage to 12.8mm April 2009

Shrnwldr

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2007, 03:38:21 pm »
Hi Bruce,
Did you move the webcam today?  It seems to be closer to the nest and if I didn't know better it seems to be freaking out momma. Is this my imagination? Oh and I can see the little ones  they are so cute.
2cm x1cm, right side
Surgery: Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jerald V. Robinson, Dr. William Hitselberger, Dr. Michael Stefan.
Hopsital: St Vincent's Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
Date of Surgery: May 18, 2007

Boppie

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2007, 04:02:10 pm »
We saw the FAther (bright red) check in this afternoon.  He gave the mum some food.  They were each feeding the babes.
Either food is scarce or the mum knows how much they need to get their own strength and motivation to forage.  These babes want a hand out constantly. 

Desilu

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2007, 04:08:01 pm »
Hi Bruce,

I continue to enjoy watching Momma Cardinal and her two babies, can't thank you enough for sharing this with us! I keep watching but I haven't seen the proud father yet. Thanks, Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa

Jackie

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2007, 06:17:10 pm »
Hey Grandpa Bruce,

Your "Momma" bird didn't appear to be feeding both of her babies! One looks stronger than the other and it was the stronger one that got fed! Both babies were begging for food, and she just watched them! I couldn't watch anymore! I felt helpless! Can you sneak them some food?? Please??
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2007, 09:07:01 am »
Bruce and Jackie, noticing the same thing as well... I do hope the "weaker" one does well.... I'm just in awe of watching them..... Bruce, my many thank you's for continuing to share this with us.....

Phyl

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2007, 09:37:36 am »
Bruce,

I walked away from my desk for 2 minutes!  Oh, thank you hun for being there for them. I just took a peek and thought I saw both babies... can't tell their condition but they look active.   Oy.........

Phyl