Author Topic: Let it Snow!!  (Read 14510 times)

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
Re: Let it Snow!!
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 07:15:41 pm »
We are expecting 17-21" here in mid-Missouri over the next 48 hours. Praying that the power does not go out . . .

And I'd better haul out my pink toque from Steve.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:17:18 pm by saralynn143 »
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 07:48:00 pm »
My purple toque from Steve has been in overdrive! Sara, stay safe!

Ok, officially recorded in Boston, MA as of last week's storm (and I live not far from downtown)..... 60" since 12/27... yes, folks, you read that right..... 5 feet of snow in the past month.  This week, 1-2 punch from Menopausal Mother Nature... another 1-1/2 feet of snow... and it's only pushing the beginning of February, which tends to be the worse month for snow.  

So, since Boston's record setting season in 1995-96 (I was here for that one.....)...... I'm not ready for 6 feet of snow total on the ground, with snow mounds over 15 feet.  Now, I know the Great Lakes area may get worse and the mid-West (ie: OK, MO, etc... excluding Chicago) may not be as use to what we are getting.... but 1 major storm per week (can't even be a little storm.... you know... 3"....4"..... 5".....) but 1 major (1 ft or more) per week for the past month......either someone needs to send me chocolate.... or send a new snow blower .... or a case of Calgon bath bubbles.......

Taking bets if we are going to surpass the record of 1995-96... any takers? ;)

oy.

Signed,
A very grumpy-over-Splenda'd-Phyl
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 07:51:21 pm by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 08:04:12 pm »
Again...all are welcome at my house...

K   ::)
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 08:09:21 pm »
Love to, Kay, if only I can get out within the next few days.
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 04:40:43 am »
Kay

Would LOVE to take you up on that with that Pirate dood and the curly girlies... at this point, I'm ready to fly one of the planes off the air base (where I work) and head that way..... maybe will get the Mod Leer Jet warmed up to get me/Joe/Jim out of the NE (Steve, any snow mounds out your way?) and head south.  Me needs a MAJOR dose of warm weather!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 09:15:25 am »
Looks like this will be the first full week of school we have had since Christmas assuming no more snow gets us this wee ...

it is suppose to get to 60 this afternoon  but then highs just at freezing the rest of the week ... it is misting rain today ,
no rain for Wednesday or Thursday but suppose to start snowing Friday and on trough weekend ... no where near the
amount alot of you are getting but in the south where we rarely get snow , it brings things to a halt ... hoping it misses us
or melts off enough that we go to school on time Monday ... already 8 days missed for snow and we have flood season to get through

I am so ready for spring ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Lynn Mc

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 09:26:30 am »
Looking at a couple of feet plus of this white stuff between today & tomorrow.  Am blaming it on the guys I work with doing the snow dance for their snowmobiling.  Enough allready!  I will certainly have a soft landing for my Snow Angels!

Drove to Boston yesterday (1 Year check up AOK!!!) and decided they have absolutely no idea what to do with the snow they have.  Cars still buried everywhere, going to be worse today & tomorrow!

Don't think the groundhog will fare to well tomorrow!!
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40:05 am »
Well, all I can say is that I've joined this elite crowd  ::)

The predictions of 20+ inches of snow have come true.

Work and school was cancelled yesterday before the first flake even fell.  It will be interesting to see when they'll resume again.  I just don't see everything being cleared up by tomorrow; it's still snowing, drifting, and blowing.

On the bright side, I can't go anywhere and I have a captive audience (two teenagers), so we'll get a lot of packing done.  No more valid excuses for our procrastination.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 09:14:02 am »
Well, the snow may not amount to much for us in West Virginia this go around ..... but the temperature has taken a nosedive.  It was 52 when I got up and it is now 36 and very windy.  We are supposed to have some snow this afternoon, but thankfully not the 20+ inches you Chicagoans are getting!

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Keri

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2011, 01:18:46 pm »
jan - how does this affect your move? i was thinking about that today.
we have snow on the ground, but we have missed the big storms that have hit all around us. still managed to lose our power for a couple of days, which is now a regular occurance in the montgomery county /DC area. there was a letter to the editor today blasting Pepco (our electric provider). they get blasted all the time because of these power losses. anyway, they said there should be a law that when you are without power for more than 2 days, a Pepco executive has to personally come over and reset all your clocks!

stay warm!
keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2011, 03:45:18 pm »
Move is on hold until the snow gets cleared up. 

We'll continue to move the small stuff ourselves when we can.  The driveway at our house is shoveled and once I get time - hopefully later today - I'll be shoveling the driveway at the new place.

New place is on a cul-de-sac and I'm not anxious to see what the snow plows have piled up at the end of the driveway  ::)

But I do have incentive.  The hot water heater at our house died on Friday evening and we've been going to the new place to shower. 

If I want a shower bad enough - and believe me, I do - I'll clear that driveway in no time  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2011, 04:26:05 pm »
We have been having "rollover blackouts" all day and Addi said that they said at school that they will continue tomorrow...they have also asked people to try to really conserve and not run major appliances the next couple of days.  I guess this is a state wide thing to try to conserve energy and "save the grids" for the places that need it most!  Have y'all heard of this?  Vicki (my friend in Amarillo) said they have not had any there but I wonder if they are one of the places we are "helping out" as it is in the negatives there. 

Jan - I bet that shower will be worth the work and wait!!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Keri

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2011, 10:00:03 pm »
kay - if it's statewide, i guess they need to save power for the superbowl!!
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2011, 10:50:41 pm »
It's a good thing the Superbowl is not in New York or Chicago this year. Even St. Louis or KC for that matter.
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2011, 10:46:41 am »
we had freezing rain and a school delay yesterday ... freezing rain this morning ... Sarah has a  basketball game at 1:00 but if it
gets any worse we skip it ...currently 34 with windchill of 20 ... 

if we get all the snow next week they are calling for we will miss most of the week ...

but I will take snow over ice ... the ice storms we get are evil things ... they make trees look like some crystal wonder land , but
that same ice that is so pretty is what makes for the dangerous situation of trees falling taking out powerlines ,
house and blocking roads ...husband works with electric company and has to work out in it and we also have the farm to deal with ...
he has a row of round bales at upper edge of the field he feeds in ,  so that in case he can't  get home to put out hay I can take a truck
up behind the hay , lower the hot wire around it and bump it so it unrolls across the field ... good thing we have that slope ... he can be
gone 3-4 days and not worry about the cows being fed ...

I hate to see the animals out in it ... they huddle up in sheds and barns alot of the time just coming out to eat and get a drink ... I would like
hats and scarves for all of them ... wonder if Steve is up to that  :P
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery