Author Topic: Let it Snow!!  (Read 14509 times)

Lynn Mc

Let it Snow!!
« on: December 27, 2010, 06:10:34 am »
Merry Christmas to all.

We are in the middle of a BLIZZARD!  Got up at 4 AM and tried to go to the barn to feed the horses.  Lots of snow!!  I do use a really terrific flash light but.....  I took 2 steps & was flat on my back!  There was nothing to see but total white & flat!  I had looked where I was going &  found myself making a snow angel!  It took me a while but if I watched only my feet I was able to get there.  On the way back I had my footprints to follow... it did make it better but some drunk must have made them!  Here is to the learning curve!
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Let it Snow!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 07:02:17 am »
Suffering here in Metro Boston, as well, Lynn!  :P  Just had my small dog outside to do her *coff* "business."  Some drifts over 16" and had balance issues trying to carry her through it.  Had her "melt" snow on the somewhat-plowed street and was out there for over 30 mins..... tough handling here in town.  saw scroll on tv that we were closed (air force base) so, will try to dig out.

For all those affected by the blizzard, storm.... PLU-EEEEZE be careful out there, DON'T overdue and stay warm/dry!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Migoi

• Loving life as a hill dweller.
    • Migoi's Mumblings
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 08:15:18 am »
Lynn, I like the new look you've given the old axiom about life, lemons and lemonade...

If life puts you on your back in the snow...make a snow angel.  Bravo..

No snow here in NW Arkansas..but it was a rather crisp 17 degrees when I took the trash down to the collection bin.

..thanks for being... migoi
Arkansas Support Group Leader
The wild places are where we began. When they are gone, so are we. - D.B.
AN's only affect the smartest, most interesting people in a population.
On a hill in Onda, AR
http://www.facebook.com/migoi

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 09:36:33 am »
There was actually frost on the rooftops in Houston this morning. That's as close as we'll get, I'm afraid...

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

moe

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 09:48:40 am »
I heard about that blizzard! Be careful, y'all. I've never experienced total white out type stuff....
Rain here (duh) in Tacoma.
Moe
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

kiwi

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 12:51:14 pm »
Summery hot beach weather here Lynn - enjoy your snow angels!

Jacqui
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

cindyj

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 01:15:37 pm »
Snow was beautiful here in GA!  Just enough to cover all the red clay, but not too much to keep us cooped up in houses - perfect...now I've had enough and am ready for Summer 8)  As I've wondered aloud many times here, I don't know how you Northern folk stand it :-[

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Keri

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 02:46:34 pm »
we were supposed to get a part of that storm (DC / MD area) but only got a dusting. but it's so windy! i put my coat on about an hour ago and i was going to go do something, but i forgot what!!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone!

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 04:57:18 am »
19" of "splenda" here.... Beanie, the Queenie Toot Queen is only 12" tall.... makes for interesting walks outside......

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 07:50:01 pm »
We only had about 10" of the white stuff, but the 4 year old granddaughter from Georgia was ecstatic.  She and her parents and her cousins and her aunt and uncle had a blast sledding down the hill in front of our house.

From the other posts I am doubly glad I decided not to venture out in the sea of white.  I would have been down the hill on my backside (or frontside!) in a heartbeat!  Instead, I took lots of pictures with the telephoto lens from our front porch!

Be careful, everyone .....

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 03:01:40 pm »
we got about 2 inches that fell some where between midnight and 4 am Christmas morning ... and another 2 that fell the 26th ... but the 40 we hit Tuesday took care of it and I am waiting for crocus and daffodils ...

those with tons of the stuff be careful and stay warm ... I still think that snow is colder now than it was when I was a kid in Alaska ...
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

sunfish

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 11:32:36 am »
Was in Atlanta visiting for the snow.  We went walking in the woods.  My sister climbed up over Kennesaw trail, which I love to do in good weather, but I opted to turn around and walk back, which was great. Too slippery!  Once I almost fell when I turned quick to look at something, and once I got in the middle of an icy, paved road and had an AN-moment, wonky headed freak out for a few seconds!  All in all, a beautiful day and I managed to stay upright to enjoy it. 
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 08:34:13 am »

OK ... who has been singing this song in my neighbor hood ?  >:( ...

Oscar (geriatric cat who insists on going out to take care of business) got us up at 2 to go out and we had
about 9 inches ...by 6:00 a foot ...more coming tonight and tomorrow ... we have fully double what was predicted
already ...probably won't have school all week since it is not to get above freezing and back roads would clear

Cows hiding , donkeys hiding , dogs in hiding and chickens huddled in a pile that makes me worry they will smother
each other ... need to run a light back out to them ...

we don't get enough snow here for people to know how to drive in it ... tow trucks will be busy ... hopefully we won't
have any bad wrecks ...

Bo can't get out of the drive way ...he called his foreman and he can't get out of his either ... they work with Te electric system
and if they absolutely have to have them someone will come out in a bigger truck and get them ... no loss of power or trees
down and the ones that did make it in are huddles at the warehouse goofing off on standby ... they won't go out unless
something comes up...

Bo went and got a tractor and is clearing the driveway so maybe he can get out ... I walked down to road at about 6 and
decided best place for me is in the house ... the girls are out getting cold ...they went to inlaws across field to make a snow
man  ... they don't get up until about noon and the girls think a big snow man standing on their porch when they
do get up is gonna be funny ...I told them to build it off to the side of the door so it doesn't block it
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Keri

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 11:53:24 am »
sounds like fun, soundy! hopefully we'll get some ( just a little is forecasted) tomorrow. (DC/MD area)

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Lynn Mc

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 06:35:24 am »
Well here I go again. Staggered to the barn at 4 AM.  1' of new beautiful snow. No Snow Angels this morning as I learned my lesson well! (Not smart enough to just go back to bed though!)  I spent so much time watching where my feet were that I was staggering totally off course! Of course my labs are so much help to the new unimproved me.....  
Life IS Good!
Translab 01/22/10.  12 x 11.7 x 8.2 mm.
Dr's McKenna/McCall at Mass Eye & Ear,
Dr. Barker at MGH. 
SSD - No other significant problems post surgery, just some minor inconveniences!  Yipee!!
BAHA implant 04/08/11 Dr. Merchant
BAHA Gotcha 07/25/11
"Life is Good"